PDA

View Full Version : low end bog with new carb

davne50
08-18-2009, 04:47 PM
i switched carbs from a FCR to and edlebrock. i had the remote fuel screw and quickshot pump cover on the FCR and now i know nothing about the edlebrock. i have the same lowend bog like with the FCR but cant do the ziptie trick. any sugg? i lost the manual for the new carb too!

proctorbc2005
08-18-2009, 06:32 PM
I have an Elde carb, and it took me forever to get it right, but once it is, you will not be dissapointed. Below is your fix.

With the Elde carb, low end bog is a result of a lean condition.

There are 2 methods to fix this depending on how your carb is set up.

If you have the adjustment knob installed on top of the carb:

1. With bike turned off, press the throttle all the way
2. Push the adjustment knob down and turn it 2 clicks(clockwise to make richer/counter colckwise to make leaner)
3. Start and run bike, to check if condition still exists. If it does continue to make adjustments 2 clicks at a time.
4. If you run out of "clicks", you will have to replace the pilot needle, if that is the case post back, and I will explain how to change the needle.

IF you have the plug installed on top of the carb:

1. Remove carb from bike.
2. Remove plug from top of carb.
3. With a small flat head screw drive, enter through top of carb, and make adjustments 2 clicks at a time (same adjustments as above) You may have to push the plunger lever down to raise the adjustment screw so you can see it.
4.Reinstall carb
5. Run bike, if condition still exists make further adjustments by repeating procedures.

There is also a "shot" adjustment screw on the bottom of the carb (the side the shift lever is on) Locate the phillips screw, and loosten the jam nut. Running the screw in will allow for a greater strait shot of gas, running it out will lower the shot. You can check how much shot you are getting by removing the intake boot (from the air box) and pressing the throttle, you should see a stream of gas shoot into the carb.

Adjust the "shot" screw" in very small intervals.

Hope this helps.

Like I said, if you run out of clicks on the adjuster, post back, Ill explain how to replace the pilot needle (provided you have a replacement needle)