PDA

View Full Version : Trailer floor covering? what are you guys using?

rollie
08-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Hey guys, im not sure what i should use for tiles on the floor of my trailer. i want to use the peel and stick tiles because there cheap and easy to install, but im not sure if they will hold up?

let me know what you guys are using!, i want something durable but i want to keep it fairly cheap. thanks

08-18-2009, 03:21 PM
i take it ur trailer is a mobile home and not wat u hual ur quad on......sticky tiles!!!there the best we have em in our bathroom and kitchen and theyre awsome and my uncle and aunt,grandparents they all got sticky tiles my dad put em down and he's good at puttin sticky tiles down lol.....

rollie
08-18-2009, 03:23 PM
its a 7x16 enclosed trailer, yeah they sound good but in your kitchen gas and dirt aren't always all over them, granted if one did peel off i could re stick a new one but i dont feel like doing that after every time i spill gas or what not.

08-18-2009, 03:31 PM
ur gonna be spillin gas in ur house?dont spill it on ur stove or grill!my uncle and aunt have(had)a trailer and they had a like mudroom that they sticky tiled,and then u walkinto the kitchen whitch they sticky tiled and it looks very nice and they hold very very well,we put sticky tiles in our mudroom with leads into our kitchem also(but we dont got a trailer we got a big ol farm house)and we stickytiled it also and it also holds up great they dont peal up at all.......

wvspeedfreak
08-18-2009, 03:44 PM
^^^:rolleyes: ^^^ Good Lord Smit...

Don't use tiles.Use a one piece floor covering.They make it in the checkerboard pattern like the tiles.

Pipeless416
08-18-2009, 03:44 PM
^ lol. anyway, ive seen some people that use a roll on bedliner.. seems like a great idea.
edit: wvspeedfreak has a good point.

Kickstarts-suck
08-18-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
^ lol. anyway, ive seen some people that use a roll on bedliner.. seems like a great idea.

^^^^^^^^

That would be sweeet.

XCAdam89
08-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Yeah, tiles are a bad idea. You could even get a sheet of linolium and put it a few inches up the sides of the trailer. It's all one piece that way and you could hose it out after a race to keep it clean.

I want to try the bedliner Idea in ours...I'd probably go about a foot up the wall with it too if I did.

Tommy Warren
08-18-2009, 04:43 PM
OMG did this kid just tell you to put a stove in your trailer??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anyways what kind of floor is in it now?

m0t0xk1d
08-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by rollie
its a 7x16 enclosed trailer, yeah they sound good but in your kitchen gas and dirt aren't always all over them, granted if one did peel off i could re stick a new one but i dont feel like doing that after every time i spill gas or what not.

see smit he TRAILOR. not house

TWISTED
08-18-2009, 05:31 PM
I did tile, and it looked great but when the trailer would twist, the tile would flex and crack... Also tile adds ALOT of weight to your trailer too..... I'd either paint the floor or use linoleum........

Tommy Warren
08-18-2009, 05:41 PM
just diamond plate it all. but thats expensive. or you could rhino line a piece of plywood and lay that out.

rollie
08-18-2009, 06:22 PM
Its just standard plywood as of right now, i never really took into account how the trailer will flex and the tiles would crack, One piece linoleum would be cool but if anything got under it it would allll come up, that would suck, thanks for the ideas guys though its helping me out!

Anybody have a trailer with a type of floor covering that they would suggest?

John Noftsinger
08-18-2009, 07:22 PM
what about the green outdoor carpet? its water resitant,made of plastic and cheap.has anybody used it?

John Noftsinger
08-18-2009, 07:22 PM
what about the green outdoor carpet? its water resitant,made of plastic and cheap.has anybody used it?

Brad77
08-19-2009, 08:15 AM
I used black and white checkered linoleum in mine. It has held up good over the years. For my ramp door I found some all weather paint that when rolled on has a rough texture. I can't remember what the paint was called but I got it at lowes.

jherbie28
08-19-2009, 04:27 PM
the ramp door on my toy hauler is a rubber diamond plate look alike, the floor is one piece linolium(sp?) but also has clear silicon sealent around the borders.

300ex mxracer
08-20-2009, 04:57 PM
i have had the peel and stick checkered tiles in my trailer for 2 years and its held up great. i put 4 or 5 coats of clear sealant over it. ramp door has textured undercoating on it

quadrcr161
08-20-2009, 07:49 PM
the peel and stick tiles will pullup and annoy you, the vinal linoleum is a good one, but dont put it on the door, if it gets wet it gets really slippery. right now my trailer has carpet, but it also has full living area. im going to pull up the carpet by the back where the quads ride and put down linoleum and seal it on the sides. on the ramp im planning on doing the roll on bedliner but adding sand in the paint for extra grip.

cbrooks118
08-22-2009, 09:11 AM
i had the linoluim in my toyhauler. The only problem with it was that once it got one small tear in it, it made the whole floor look like crap. I ripped it out and placed commercial grade vinal tiles with the best glue i could find. then i put a sealer/wax over the top just to make double sure that spills wouldnt be a problem. It is holding up great so far(one year since install). If your riding boots are wet, be careful the floor can be slick.

My friend tried to peel and stick tiles in his toyhauler, but the summer heat made them curl up.

kody
08-22-2009, 10:42 AM
I used those garage floor 12"x12" snap lock tiles. They are great! Oil resistant, no glue on floor, do not tear, and best of all, when I need to I can slide them out and sweep all the accumulated dust and mud out from under them. On my door I bought regular exterior paint and screened river sand, threw it in the roller bin, and painted a perfect rough texture. It has held up great all year, and my trailer gets used alot! The 1 piece checkerboard linoleum is about same price, but what if it rips? The snap lock tiles you can just change one out if you need to. I bought mine at Costco.

trick450r
08-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by SmitTank789
i take it ur trailer is a mobile home and not wat u hual ur quad on......sticky tiles!!!there the best we have em in our bathroom and kitchen and theyre awsome and my uncle and aunt,grandparents they all got sticky tiles my dad put em down and he's good at puttin sticky tiles down lol.....

were are you from that your family uses sticky tiles in all your rooms lol

3400ben
08-22-2009, 01:30 PM
I used this http://cgi.ebay.com/Diamond-Plate-Flooring-Garage-Trailer-Boat-8-5x25-Blk_W0QQitemZ280386450436QQcmdZViewItemQQptZTile_F looring?hash=item414855b404&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Cheap and the only way to go. It looks good, and you can powerwash it ,with out getting the plywoood wet. imo