PDA

View Full Version : He's Back Again...

Doober
08-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Favre signed a deal with the vikings.
Short retirement once again, and I cant wait to see him whoop on some packers.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4406963

gncc025
08-18-2009, 02:05 PM
favre just cant let go can he:p

eastcoastpro20
08-18-2009, 02:20 PM
i f***** hate bret favre now, i am sick and tired of his drama. He is not the bret favre he used to be, he led the league in interceptions last year, hes had surgery on his soldier, he is threw. he has basically lost all my respect as a player and person, the way he goes back and forth on what he says. He is nuthin but drama. And what exactly are the vikings trying to do here, there gna have him for one year if he doesnt get hurt before the years over, and before anybody says anything about him being a mentor, if thats what they wanted then they should have brought him in as jus a mentor or maybe a qb coaching assistant. This makes no sense to bring him in, u cant build a team around him.
I know people are gna come on here and get all worked up about what i jus said but idc im jus statin my opinion

extremeblastr
08-18-2009, 02:25 PM
^^ how can you say you can't build a team around him? even if he gets hurt and doesn't play having favre around is the equivalent of having the best qb coach in the league on staff. if anything he will be a greant mentor to tarvarus jackson and help the vikings step up their game. now back to the injury thing, are you aware of how many games hes missed in his whole career due to injury?....

JR3
08-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
^^ how can you say you can't build a team around him? even if he gets hurt and doesn't play having favre around is the equivalent of having the best qb coach in the league on staff. if anything he will be a greant mentor to tarvarus jackson and help the vikings step up their game. now back to the injury thing, are you aware of how many games hes missed in his whole career due to injury?....

yea he showed his true colors last year with the jets. just close his eyes and throw it up there. i wish him nothing but the worst (this is coming from a jets fan)

eastcoastpro20
08-18-2009, 02:38 PM
you cant build a team around a player that is only gonna be there for prolly jus one year...y wldnt u jus bring him in as a mentor sallary cap room and let tarvarus play and get mentored at the same time.
All there qb has to do is exist in those two seconds to get AP the ball, and throw a pass every now and then.. they dont need a qb like brett favre who led the league in interceptions last year.
And as the injury thing goes he also hasnt been 39 or 40 or watever his whole life and didnt have this surgery before, and brett favre said himself he SHOULD be fine if they dnt make him throw 50 - 60 times a day, are you serious a quarter back should be able to throw all day, how is he gna be able to practice all week then go out and throw 25-30 passes on sunday, and last year he fell way off at the end of the year, now hes a year older and has had surgery so what do u think is gna happen this year. I will call it rite now he will miss games this year whether they bench him or he gets hurt, IT WILL HAPPEN.

yellowzo3
08-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by eastcoastpro20
i f***** hate bret favre now, i am sick and tired of his drama. He is not the bret favre he used to be, he led the league in interceptions last year, hes had surgery on his soldier, he is threw. he has basically lost all my respect as a player and person, the way he goes back and forth on what he says. He is nuthin but drama. And what exactly are the vikings trying to do here, there gna have him for one year if he doesnt get hurt before the years over, and before anybody says anything about him being a mentor, if thats what they wanted then they should have brought him in as jus a mentor or maybe a qb coaching assistant. This makes no sense to bring him in, u cant build a team around him.
I know people are gna come on here and get all worked up about what i jus said but idc im jus statin my opinion

THANK YOU!! i agree 100% man. he used to be one of my favorite qb's but i cant stand him now. He's turning his career into a joke retiring every year. Keeps going from team to team and hes not getting any younger. As soon as I hear his name on tv i stop listening. does he like the attention or something? This thread will be split on opinions, but no one can deny that its getting a bit ridiculous. And true about the mentor thing... I'm sure he could have gotten a spot mentoring or coaching on the sideline to stay involved while making decent money.

extremeblastr
08-18-2009, 03:14 PM
you cant build a team around a player that is only gonna be there for prolly jus one year...y wldnt u jus bring him in as a mentor sallary cap room and let tarvarus play and get mentored at the same time.
All there qb has to do is exist in those two seconds to get AP the ball, and throw a pass every now and then.. they dont need a qb like brett favre who led the league in interceptions last year.
And as the injury thing goes he also hasnt been 39 or 40 or watever his whole life and didnt have this surgery before, and brett favre said himself he SHOULD be fine if they dnt make him throw 50 - 60 times a day, are you serious a quarter back should be able to throw all day, how is he gna be able to practice all week then go out and throw 25-30 passes on sunday, and last year he fell way off at the end of the year, now hes a year older and has had surgery so what do u think is gna happen this year. I will call it rite now he will miss games this year whether they bench him or he gets hurt, IT WILL HAPPEN.

he might be benched but he will not be hurt, and i didn't say i think he should play but i believe it was a good move for the vikings to bring him on just for the effect it should have on jackson. now the shoulder thing, have you ever done anything like that all day? do you know the kind of havoc that wreaks on the joint? i threw javelin in highschool (was very competitive only missed new englands by 3 feet) and i only did that for FOUR years not 10+ and my shoulder is destroyed internally....

johnnyquad17
08-18-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm glad he is back and wish him the best. It is a buisiness and he still can play so why not. Teams screw players all the time so why can't Brett change his mind a few times. I hope he wins the Super Bowl and destroys the Packers. I just ordered NFL ticket so I could watch him and Vick. Vick and Favre sell tickets and I'm sure the NFL is happy both are back.

450rRacer22
08-18-2009, 03:38 PM
I didnt really care what he did. When he told the vikings he wasnt gonna play i was a little bummed i guess cuz i kinda wanted to see him play again even though his golden years are over, just not the quarterback he used to be but still fun to watch. Then when i heard on the news today that he was coming back i was pretty pumped. Cant wait to see him play again.

madskrillz2
08-18-2009, 08:18 PM
I think it's just gonna take the old goat getting seriously injured, for him to quit.

ProspectorJim
08-18-2009, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by johnnyquad17
I'm glad he is back and wish him the best. It is a buisiness and he still can play so why not. Teams screw players all the time so why can't Brett change his mind a few times. I hope he wins the Super Bowl and destroys the Packers. I just ordered NFL ticket so I could watch him and Vick. Vick and Favre sell tickets and I'm sure the NFL is happy both are back.

How could he win the super bowl? He's not on the Steelers:p

300extreme#8
08-18-2009, 09:48 PM
I just really dont agree with how much they are paying him. With as long of a hold out he put them through, I couldnt have paid him what he wanted. Don't get me wrong bc he's prolly worth it but still, you throw offer after offer for 4-5 months and the dude turns away then I'd say heck with him. Then he comes after the first few preseaon games. typical farve soap opra.

KevinAb
08-18-2009, 10:02 PM
He still sells tickets though, doesn't he? I watched him for years, always love to watch him play. He made me a Packers fan, and I'd still pay to see him play. But please Brett, please retire, it's painful now.

BakerRacing40
08-18-2009, 10:38 PM
i wonder how mad he's going to get when somebody steels the tennis balls off his walker?

timmy400exfast
08-19-2009, 12:45 AM
im kinda on the fence bout this cause i thought sage rosenfels played good in the preseason game agaisnst the colts and idk what farve is gonna do but if it doesnt work out with him throeing it just hand it off to AD and chester taylor there some of the top backs in the luege i mean thats all they did last year and they made it to the play offs sure they were one and done but they didnt have a qb now they do there d is still good and running offence is one of the best now you put a hall of fame qb in there the can still throw the ball down feild idk you tell me whats gonna happen lol:D

matt14c
08-19-2009, 12:56 AM
Does this mean that Madden is coming back now also?

reptikes
08-19-2009, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
How could he win the super bowl? He's not on the Steelers:p

:devil: :D :devil: :D :devil: :D :devil: :D

scuzz
08-19-2009, 09:49 AM
i f***** hate bret favre now, i am sick and tired of his drama. He is not the bret favre he used to be, he led the league in interceptions last year, hes had surgery on his soldier, he is threw.

LOL at everything you just said.

Gray33
08-19-2009, 11:33 AM
Thought you were talking about Smittank789 when i saw the name of the thread.

m0t0xk1d
08-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Gray33
Thought you were talking about Smittank789 when i saw the name of the thread.

haha so did i was like o jesus.

BakerRacing40
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by m0t0xk1d
haha so did i was like o jesus.

I thought that too. What's the deal about him creating a new name right after he got banned? What did he do to get banned anyways? Pm it to me if u don't actually want to post it...?

m0t0xk1d
08-19-2009, 02:35 PM
he cracked a joke in scro's thread that was about one of scros friends with alife threatening injury. he said it was to lighten everyones spirits but it was a pretty bad joke

BakerRacing40
08-19-2009, 02:55 PM
That's pretty sorry.. I know most of my family deals with bad things with some humor, but there's a time and a place for everything and that obviously wasn't it. I can't imagine how some one could pop a joke like that, espically when he doesn't know either person....