PDA

View Full Version : 450R Build Up/Questions

racerx573
08-18-2009, 10:30 AM
Still no bike to put the parts on, but I've got a good start with parts, and had a few questions.

First off: The goods.

Laeger's Pro Trax Front End
Custom Axis PRS Titanium Piggyback Front Shocks
Walsh Savior Rear End
Custom Axis PRS Titanium Rear Shock
SF Racing Hood
X-Factor Pro Peg Nerf Bars
Tag T2 Handlebars
Maier Wrap Around Handguards (the ones I ran on my R's.Hybrid)
CRF450 FCR Carb
RPM Dominator II Axle
Douglas Shamrock Fronts w/ Razr MX

Parts Coming Soon:
'02 CRF Cam
Douglas Shamrock Rears w/ Razr MX
Steering Stem (brand undetermined)
14:1 Piston Kit
Engine work by VPS
CRF Ti Intake Valves

Now for the questions...

Exhaust... I was thinking Sparks Big Core, Baldwin, or Dasa

Intake... Was going to go with Pro Design Pro Flow, unkless anyone has opinions on a better set up. Should I go with an '06+ airbox set up??

Body is going to be pretty plain... my usual set up. White everything on the chassis/a-arms/swingarm.

And Either going with all white or black plastics with Clutch Industries Graphics w/ a Quad Tech Seat kit.

I promise the build will be sick as always... I won't disappoint..:D

dehner47
08-18-2009, 10:58 AM
dude. watch clutch industries. ive been dealing with ross for almost 4 months no trying to get my graphics from him. took him 2 months to get a proof to me. i agreed, sent my $$$ to him and still nothing. i wrote him asked if he forgot about me. he said he had graphics in his trailer and he sorry and will send them asap. that was month and half ago. dont take that long to send something to jersey from ohio..

Balaz_73*00
08-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Don't leave Rossier out of the picture, they make a nice one for the r

racerx573
08-18-2009, 11:44 AM
I was just looking at them after I posted this thread. The dyno's look pretty good on it.

racerx573
08-18-2009, 11:49 AM
Also found some graphics Ilike as well. This one's a little girly, but a quad should have a certain sex appeal to it, haha.:p

Chino886
08-18-2009, 01:45 PM
what year motor and frame are you going with?

This is the 06 with white frame/sub!

Balaz_73*00
08-18-2009, 01:48 PM
I have a sparks on my 05 and I have a buddy who has the rossier on his 05...his has a good midrange snap and mine feels open and powerful all throughout

racerx573
08-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Going with an '04-'05

Butter
08-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Would def. go with a Rossier on exhaust!! Absolutely love mine, but I wouldn't turn down a Sparks or Dasa. All on personal preference on the 3.

pro-rider46
08-19-2009, 07:47 AM
I would go with dasa, even out of frame drag pipes have difficulty beatin a dasa. and dasa can be used in mx!

As far as intakes go, i would deffinatly go with a fuel customs intake or a dasa intake, they are both very good. but the dasa uses the 05 boot, blocks the resonator, and puts a billet ring on the end of it to put a big filter on it, its cheaper because the fci is a whole tube system.

Lquad71
08-22-2009, 07:10 PM
hey just my preference but the person doing my top and bottom end said that the crf450 titanium valves hav problems occasionally because they seize or something like that. he said it was better to go with the trx450 valve springs because they are stainless steel and will last much longer.