PDA

View Full Version : Watch my youtube vid. Is something wrong?

cjm8232
08-18-2009, 08:05 AM
I just bought this Warrior, I think I got a good price, $1,500 from the original farmer owner who did not even burn half the original tires off.

Can you guys watch this video and let me know how the engine sounds?

Does it sound like the valves need adjusting? Does the cam chain need adjusting?

He said he probably only put 100 hours on it. Also, the A-Arms and all the "pivot points" are filthy with grease and have grass seed stuck to everything, should I clean all that up? Do I then re-grease it through the "grease nipples" or do I coat everything in the "pivot point" with grease how he did?

But let me know how that thing sounds in the video too please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYR1gix3bB4

Thanks!

beastlywarrior
08-19-2009, 01:10 PM
sounds good to me warriors naturally have a lot of valve tick

cjm8232
08-19-2009, 02:37 PM
That's good to know. I have also heard that the Warriors valves can take a lot of abuse before they come out of adjustment.

Also, this guy did not even burn through the original tires, chain, or sprockets yet and it's a 2001, so there can't be too much wear on the valves.

I just want to clean the carb and re-grease the machine and I should be all set. Should I change any other fluids like transmission, or brake?

beastlywarrior
08-19-2009, 06:27 PM
brake fluid should be good and the transmission oil and motor oil is all one just make sure you dont use an oil with additives or it will cause your clutch to slip