PDA

View Full Version : ATV four play bars BEWARE

GSXRaptor
08-18-2009, 07:22 AM
I was at the national in TN this weekend and was told that the ATV four play bars that one of the racers was using broke off while the racer was racing and he crashed bad. Check and see if their is a recall and be careful. I don' t want to point the finger and say its a bad product but i don't want anyone to get hurt either!

Colby@C&DRacing
08-18-2009, 08:24 AM
I have been using these bars all season and have not had any issues with them, they perform great.

QuadJunkies
08-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Has it been researched yet ?? Could the rider /installer have been at fault?
I think more facts needs to be laid out before we assume anything .

Pappy
08-18-2009, 09:28 AM
I knew of a steering stem that broke in a very unusual way that caused a bad wreck, but never heard about the bars at LL. Sure it was the bars? Cant see how they would break but anything is possible.

fastredrider44
08-18-2009, 10:14 AM
What wreck was that?:confused:

Pappy
08-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Zack Burke

sonicracer
08-18-2009, 01:03 PM
It was Cottage. I was there and talked to the ATV Four Play guys at the track when it happened. I know they are looking into whether it is installation error or not. Either way I think they will make sure it doesn't happen again.

It broke where the studs thread into the bars. Check to see if your studs are bent at all. All other manufacturers send a bolt through the clamps down from the top and have threads at the bottom only.

Zack Burke crashed bad and his stem broke in half but I think that was because the ATV landed upside down.

Pappy
08-18-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by sonicracer

Zack Burke crashed bad and his stem broke in half but I think that was because the ATV landed upside down.

Zack said he was coming through that choppy straight and his bars turned. He couldnt do anything but pin it and went over the berm. Saidf teh weld was broken where the two piece stem met causing a no steer condition. Glad he was ok and he did not land on anyone off the track!

sonicracer
08-18-2009, 01:32 PM
I ran out to make sure he was OK. He was pretty banged up, but he is alright thank god.

QuadJunkies
08-18-2009, 05:21 PM
YIKES! Now thats scary!!
I remember Kelseys bars came off her mini years ago in the middle of a State mx race. Luckily she was able to manuever it to safety .:eek2: