PDA

View Full Version : trx90 engine build question?

ozborn1
08-18-2009, 05:20 AM
I have a takegawa crank with chinese 69mm cylinder, 54mm piston, and replica takegawa 22/25 head. im have clearence issues with piston to head. the piston sticks up out of the cylinder .060. can anyone tell me if this is like this on the takegawa 124 kits? or if the head is cut out for this issue? maybe uses a thicker head gasket? i know that either the takegawa headis cut out or the gasket is thicker or the piston is too tall. could someone tell me what the thickness is on the takegawa head gasket. also would like to know what the spec is from center of wrisp pin to the outer top of piston for takegawa kit only?

miniquaddad90
08-18-2009, 08:35 AM
I think CHP would be able to answer your question. (903)509-2727 or infochp@yahoo.com Where about in OH are you? Were up in Lake County, just nice meet other TRX90 people in our area.

ozborn1
08-18-2009, 07:12 PM
Sounds good. Im located around the newark area. if you are interested in a few good tracks take a look at my brothers facility at briarciffmx.comwww.briarcliffmx.com (http://briarcliffmx.com)

miniquaddad90
08-19-2009, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by ozborn1
Sounds good. Im located around the newark area. if you are interested in a few good tracks take a look at my brothers facility at briarciffmx.comwww.briarcliffmx.com (http://briarcliffmx.com)

Cool! Newark is a tad far for us. Where did you get a Tak replica head? Is it the Privateer head that CHP sells?

ozborn1
08-19-2009, 07:41 PM
I got the kit from tboltusa. All the knock off stuff probably comes from the same manufacturer. Im going to try and talk to a couple engine builders tomorrow to see if a can get some specs on takegawa head and pistons. i seriously doubt the head gasket is over .060. We have a few mini's show up out here every now and then. I would like to see more come out.

miniquaddad90
08-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Just a thought. DRATV sells copper head gaskets in different thicknesses and they also sell spacer plates. Just trying to help. Most head gaskets for these are about .040 or 1mm

boomer43
08-20-2009, 12:07 PM
Do not shi!! around with any of the nock of stuff just call chp he will take care of you. I mess with this stuff for two years and finally call chp and the quad run ten times better and I think i will save money in the long run.

swamp
08-28-2009, 06:00 PM
i have run the knock off stuff for two series this year full moon quad series and the Gulf Coast Quad Series and let a friend of mine use the quad for two races and aint had nothing but good luck with the bike..

she is first in one series and placed second in the next.

now it might blow up tomorrow as this is the first year we have ran a honda and these parts but i will be buying more from them

Its all in who builds your motor.

The kind folks at Rage Atv (which happens to be my older brother) helped me tremendously.

i no its only local events but we out ran two national kids that came to race in her class

I did have a billy Holt motor put a whoopin on us. but thats a 10 thousand dollar bike. ours is about$ 3500

we have one more race tomorrow and it could blow up tomorrow and if it does i more than got my moneys worth

point being if you need some help hit me up

ozborn1
08-28-2009, 07:48 PM
will i went and got a kitaco piston since i found out i have a kitaco crank. ok well the 22/25 china nock off head isnt milled enough for the top of the piston to clear. so i got a 2mm and a 1.5mm head gasket. the 1.5 still did not clear and the 2mm stretched the timing chain to tight. im giving up at this point and will just go with a kitaco head. i have my youngest boys trx90 that i will through the 114cc china kit in with the stock crank. i did talk to a guy that was using 22/25 china head and piston on a takegawa crank though. so takegawa uses a shorter rod. i measured the piston if anyone once to know. i do have specs for all three pistons. the takegawa is slightly taller that the china high comp, about .010 or so. the kitaco is about .070 shorter but has taller dome therfore wouldnt work in the china head.

tboltusa
09-21-2009, 07:00 AM
just to clear things up , our 114cc kits bolt right on to your motor with 0 mods and there made in Taiwan and its not a "knock off " of anything . its an original design with 25/22 valves , good overall cam profile and 54mm piston that has the correct deck

currecntly were offering a takagawa +R roller rocker heads too

miniquaddad90
09-21-2009, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by tboltusa
just to clear things up , our 114cc kits bolt right on to your motor with 0 mods and there made in Taiwan and its not a "knock off " of anything . its an original design with 25/23 valves , good overall cam profile and 54mm piston that has the correct deck

Vince,
Just to clarify, no case mods needed for your cylinder? 23mm Exh valve? (most have a 22mm that I've seen) On your Tak +R head you have listed on your site- Is that complete with rockers and a cam for that price?

Thanks

tboltusa
09-21-2009, 07:39 AM
sorry 25/22 on the tb race heads
(please edit your post too)

the takegawa heads are a complete unit
but
the cams are extra & you can select standard or D-Comp

tboltusa
09-21-2009, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by miniquaddad90
Vince,
Just to clarify, no case mods needed for your cylinder?
100% correct

miniquaddad90
09-21-2009, 08:09 AM
100% correct

Can you PM me a price on the s25 cam? Also, just curious in how the 54mm cylinder fits in the stock cases with out and grinding or case boring? Is the bottom of the sleeve trimmed off?

Thanks

tboltusa
09-21-2009, 08:49 AM
hi
everything is listed online , we dont do pm's in respect to advertisers so please email me if you have time or call

miniquaddad90
09-21-2009, 09:02 AM
hi
everything is listed online , we dont do pm's in respect to advertisers so please email me if you have time or call

Fair enough, I will do that.

Thanks

ozborn1
09-21-2009, 04:50 PM
just to clear things up , our 114cc kits bolt right on to your motor with 0 mods and there made in Taiwan and its not a "knock off " of anything . its an original design with 25/22 valves , good overall cam profile and 54mm piston that has the correct deck

i found a crank that will work with the 114cc tboltusa kit. i found a 54mm crank with the same length rod from dratv that will bump me up to 124cc. i will let everyone know in a couple days how it compares to my kitaco motor i have running now.

miniquaddad90
09-22-2009, 06:33 AM
i found a crank that will work with the 114cc tboltusa kit. i found a 54mm crank with the same length rod from dratv that will bump me up to 124cc. i will let everyone know in a couple days how it compares to my kitaco motor i have running now.

Is the DRATV crank a CRF style or long shaft (trx90 style) for use with the cent. clutch? Please let us know how it works out.

tboltusa
09-22-2009, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by miniquaddad90
Is the DRATV crank a CRF style or long shaft (trx90 style) for use with the cent. clutch? Please let us know how it works out. its a 50 crank so it will only work with a DD set up , keep us posted

miniquaddad90
09-22-2009, 06:47 AM
its a 50 crank so it will only work with a DD set up , keep us posted

Bummer! We run the stock cent. clutch but want an affordable stroker crank.............

ozborn1
09-25-2009, 05:35 PM
why would you what to run the stock type crank? to do away with the cvt and drop a ton of wieght off your crank use a 50 style with kitaco primary gear and oil passage tube. the crank is the same lenth rod with the 50 style clutch side. i got the crank to try just waiting on some gaskets. i will probably get to it next week.

tboltusa
09-25-2009, 05:38 PM
some kids are not ready for the DD

ozborn1
09-25-2009, 05:43 PM
im going to line up kitaco vs tbolt 114cc with stroker crank from dratv next week. both set ups will have kitaco inner rotor and primary gear setups. which one will get the hole shot?

tboltusa
09-25-2009, 05:47 PM
keep us posted

hey hit me with an email if you have time
vince

miniquaddad90
09-26-2009, 10:14 AM
why would you what to run the stock type crank? to do away with the cvt and drop a ton of wieght off your crank use a 50 style with kitaco primary gear and oil passage tube. the crank is the same lenth rod with the 50 style clutch side. i got the crank to try just waiting on some gaskets. i will probably get to it next week.

Direct drive & XC racing dont mix too well. We have a D.D. 124cc motor but I've started using it for spare parts. I am goning to pull the crank out & sell it with the gear in the next few weeks. Direct drive is the way to go for MX if the child is ready for it. Still curious to how the two motors compare, keep us posted

swamp
09-30-2009, 08:36 PM
miniquad90 i need all the extra parts you have lets work something out

call me at 281 432 2466

or

936 776 7174

chris

ozborn1
10-07-2009, 11:17 AM
update......

i have everything together and it looks like it would rip. the rod and piton is flush with the top of cylinder. if you use the tboltusa 114cc kit with the dratv 54mm crank you will have to use primary gear and oil passage tube on right side of crank. the only problem is i have no spark. i am figuring the junk inner rotor style ignition is bad. i got it used off a buddy anyway. so i ordered a little bit different ignition set up from tboltusa. it is an outer rotor hrc set up that is suppost to be 1 lb lighter. so it should just be a tad longer on compairing the 2 im sure vince will get it right out.

tboltusa
10-07-2009, 11:21 AM
we better , im wanting ths info too,,,

swamp
10-07-2009, 10:16 PM
so your using the kitaco direct drive gear right on a dratv crank?

i no dratv doesnt have the gear to make it dd

CHP sells one I guess i could put that one on a tb crank rite

ozborn1
10-08-2009, 11:16 PM
if you look at the right side of the crank and it has the groves cut in it to except the primary gear than yes. i am using the kitaco gear and oil passage tube.

ozborn1
10-12-2009, 04:47 AM
my son ran the new set up from tboltusa.com (http://tboltusa.com) . i couldnt tell the differencce, they both perform great. get with vince from tboltusa if you want to do this setup. i 'll try to get some videos up next week.

swamp
10-16-2009, 12:37 PM
do you no anything about converting the motor to a manual clutch?

The motor i bought has a manual clutch and i cant run it in the class so, i am having to take it off... Have you done this?

ozborn1
10-17-2009, 07:46 AM
you would probably have to get a trx90 clutch cover and all the internals i would say. i 'd say you should get a used trx90 motor and use the transmission and everything in the clucth case.

swamp
12-06-2009, 07:31 AM
any videos yet