PDA

View Full Version : i thought my quad was fast..till a rode a predator!

440exnacsracer
01-09-2003, 08:51 PM
i know its not the fastest quad in the world, but i do think its the best all around quad. my friend just got one today. lucky little beast. i was talkin to my mom though and i think i may be gettin one soon.. so, ill say again...my ex is for sale

01-09-2003, 08:53 PM
wacth out for the un-reliabilty man, may be fun but a costly machine

raptor_02
01-09-2003, 09:38 PM
so a predator will take your ex with all those mods??? my buddie ROB440EX rode one and he said his ex would smoke one. But he has probaly one of the baddest EX's on the planet so that explains why. I'd keep the EX if I were u

VooDuu Child
01-09-2003, 09:49 PM
You got somethin against reverse? I'm just playin:D . I've heard they are plenty fast though, good luck with gettin one! I'll stick with my Z, of course it won't be as fast as your predator, but it will smoke a (stock) predator when I'm done.:cool:

DESDAK4
01-10-2003, 03:49 AM
I can tell you I rode a Predator the other day and that thing is fast. My buddy and I have not got to go head to head yet as it is just to cold to ride right now but I think it is going to kill my ex. He had it put on a dyno at his home in MT and it said 51.8 with the Pure Polaris pipe (e-series). I started a thread that I will update as we get to do some riding together in the next week or so.

Jay
USAF

440exnacsracer
01-10-2003, 08:20 PM
well guess what.....i got home today and rode up on my friends predator and said " this is what i need" and about an hour later, my mom said " can you be up by 7:30? i said why then she said they had already bought me one today, but we have to pick it up tomorrow. i was speachless. my ex has been in the shop for 8 weeks and i really wanted one of these. this thing will smoke my ex's doors believe it or not and its 4 1/2 inches wider in the rear than a raptor ( i measured today) and it comes with douglas' s razrs. man this thing is wicked fast. it has a little less low end than a raptor, but i was riding on the back of my friends when he dragged a raptor ( both stock) and once they were wide open, he was at least 6 bike lengts ahead...id say more like 10. and thats w/ me on the back! i cant wait to get mine tomorrow....sad thing is i have to sell my ex to help pay for it.

infantry317
01-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Good for you 440exnacsracer! Let us know how it goes. I hope you appreciate what you're parents did for you, man what a surprise!

Sparks425Ex
01-11-2003, 09:02 AM
I don't know if I would go out and buy one right yet Everyone knows how Quads are their first year out. And this one could be worse. I mean it is polaris's first attempt at a real sport quad. This is unlike anything they have ever done. There is bound ot be some defects.

But very cool anyway.

VooDuu Child
01-11-2003, 10:49 AM
Polaris had help, they didn't do this on their own, tranny wise anyhow.

crap-banshee32
01-11-2003, 10:57 AM
it may be fast, but nothing can beat the relyability of a honda!!!!!

DESDAK4
01-11-2003, 12:38 PM
It could have problems but they had a ton of help and input putting this thing together over the last three years so I think it will end up fine. I know I am very happy my buddy bought one so I get to see it and compare it to my EX so that if Honda doesn't do what they need to do and make a new quad I have been around it because as of right now it seems to make more power than about any stock quad I have ever heard of and could be my next one but I am waiting for Honda for atleast another year.

Jay
USAF

RED121572
01-11-2003, 06:33 PM
When I bought mine, I got the extended warantee (I can spell) on it, It last for the length of my loan.

I dont race and Im not real hard on the machines. But, Im also very aware this is a first year machine.;)

Let us know when your get'er broke in and drag race something.

RED

440exnacsracer
01-16-2003, 08:25 PM
ive really got her broken in and man is this thing bad. the shocks are way better than my works and my rear is basically a tcs. these shocks are the fox and the rear is cool cause it has the little adjustment thing on the rezzy. the fronts were a little soft so i tightened them up ( they have like 6" of threads for adjustment..no joke!) but i havent bottomed them since then. it handles kindof funny at first i didnt think id like it as much as my ex handling wise, but i got used to it and i can really hug some turns and its REALLY wide. the power is like nothing ive ever ridden...its like it has the torque of a 4 stroke and the acceleration of a 2 stroke. this thing revs in gear almost as fast as my ex does in neutral...and thats not a big exaduration(sp) the low-end is not as strong as my ex but its like a shee..when the top end powerband kicks in, it really rips and pulls....HARD. the charts from polaris say itll go 0-60 in about 6.4 seconds! i beat a raptor the other day and flat out smoked a 400 w a full yoshi pipe. the first day i did have 2 things go wrong..the radiator hose clamp came loose and i lost a little antifreeze.. and i burnt the livin shiite out of my leg. i have brand new fox 360's on and got a few little holes in them and a really big burn on my leg...its fun to show off at school though. lol. but anyway i guess i expressed enough of how excited i am about this beast and i guess ill go. but sad to say, my ex is for sale, but i dont have the motor back yet so itll be a while. when i get it runnin, ill let yall know how the power compares as for the mean time, go ride one yourself! lata

RED121572
01-17-2003, 09:47 AM
Thanks for sharing your info with us.:D

MSL
01-17-2003, 09:51 AM
Glad to hear you like it. have fun and be safe

RED121572
01-17-2003, 10:06 AM
One more thing, rule number one.....Even though you may have found a better machine to suit your riding needs, it is unlawful in this community to sell your Honda. Im afraid your gonna have to keep it. :D :D :blah ;)