PDA

View Full Version : Reed material

SuperSherman
08-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Hey guys I need to find a sheet of fiberglass to cut reeds out of, Can any of you tell me where to get it?

IcutMetl
08-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Any reason why you couldn't just order replacement reeds? I think depending on what you use to cut the material, it might chip or shred? I don't know how reeds are cut...stamped, machined, waterjet??

McMaster Carr would be the first place I would look; follwed by a Google search. Good luck!

SuperSherman
08-18-2009, 12:26 AM
I'd order replacement reeds, but I have an idea about modding some old school stuff that I can't get reeds or cages for.

woodsracer144
08-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by SuperSherman
I'd order replacement reeds, but I have an idea about modding some old school stuff that I can't get reeds or cages for.

whats this for, im sure you can get reeds for just about anything... post a pic of your set up you have.

atv fan 28
08-18-2009, 09:24 PM
i saw a guy on youtube cut up a credit card and use it as reeds on his blaster! i dont know how to post a link, but look up "redneck reed repair" on youtube! it worked but there is no way i would ever do that to my quad!

woodsracer144
08-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28
i saw a guy on youtube cut up a credit card and use it as reeds on his blaster! i dont know how to post a link, but look up "redneck reed repair" on youtube! it worked but there is no way i would ever do that to my quad!

i saw that, a after market reed kit for mine was 22 bucks OTD and that was boysen...

atv fan 28
08-18-2009, 09:26 PM
here it is!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoMMAZhDSaQ

86 Quad R
08-19-2009, 06:34 AM
i've cut some aftermarket reeds in the past for other applications in a pinch but you have to be very careful as to not splinter them as mentioned and isnt something that i highly recommend. its best to get the reeds for that particular app. :cool:

Honda 250r 001
08-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by atv fan 28

actually i think it ended up getting disolved by the fuel and it got stuck inside the machine. lol, temporary fix, i would just use a very thin metal. like on the stock 250r reeds.