PDA

View Full Version : Quote for Roll Swinger?

NacsMXer
08-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Hey Pappy, I will be getting a Roll Design swingarm for my 400EX soon.

I was going to try for a local PC place, but I thought I might hit you up and support you guys instead. One of the shops I stopped at quoted me 50 for Trans Blue.

I'd like the swingarm coated Trans Blue. It will need to be stripped/blasted. How much would that run?

Also I think the pivot bearings have to come out in order to go into the oven right? If so, how much would you charge to install them if I provide a new set in the shipment?

Thanks a lot! ;)

Pappy
08-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Strip and coat is $65

It's $8 to remove and re-install bearings

NacsMXer
08-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Thanks Pappy, i'll send it on it's way!

Pappy
08-18-2009, 12:47 AM
I appreciate it!

NacsMXer
08-25-2009, 01:53 PM
Just got everything sent off to you via UPS. The swinger is coming in a big white Kohler plumbing box. I can get you a tracking number if that helps. I hope it's ok if I just use this thread instead of making another.

I included a note with all pertinent info you may need. In short, this is for: Chris Phillips in Spring Grove, IL

I removed all bolts, chain guides, rollers, etc. The pivot bearings are the only thing left in there. I also degreased the entire swinger with Brakleen and followed it with an all purpose cleaner to keep things clean for you guys.

I did include a new Pivot Works pivot bearing rebuild kit for you to install after coating.

I had a couple of questions I included in the note but I thought I would ask anyways. First, does the media blasting get inside the carrier housing? There's some minor surface rust inside the carrier housing which is normal, but it would be great if that was cleaned up during blasting. Lastly, you guys grease the needle bearings, sleeves, etc. when you reassemble the pivot bearings right?

Thanks a lot Pappy, can't wait to see how it looks when it's done! Any questions just let me know :)

Pappy
08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Ill be looking for it

The swinger will be sent to burn off. Every speck of pc will be removed, the same with the grease left from this and that. It will then be media blasted and yes, there will be no rust inside the housing but it will return somewhat because we dont coat inside there. When you reassemble the swinger, just apply some marine grade grease lightly (very very lightly) on the inside to prevent surface rust. If you apply to much, especially at the edges, the carrier will slip... and it wont hold properly. Some carriers are a tight enough fit that pc would have to be removed, others loose enough to where we could coat inside but I have no way of knowing so we just dont coat that area.

Usually we do not grease the bearings. This should be done right before you install the pivot sleeves or after reassembly on units that have grease zerks. Most of teh bearings have a thin film applied at the manufacture to hold the needle bearings in place. You will probably see some grease as we apply some when installing the bearings but you should always grease them...and often!

NacsMXer
08-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok thanks a lot for the tips! Feel free to ignore my request about greasing the bearings in the note I included ;)

I can just apply some grease to the sleeves and throw the dust caps back on when I reassemble. Simple enough.

NacsMXer
09-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Any updates you could provide on the swinger please?

Also this is off subject, but do you know anybody with a good frame for a 400EX that they want to sell?

I realize you are a very busy guy, so thanks a lot for your time! :macho

Pappy
09-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Your swinger should be ready for me to pick up from stripping tomorrow.

I would give Eric a call at Elite, (866) 738-3929. He sells a ton of used parts and I know he had several solid frames there. Tell him I sent you from the website and he should hook ya up!

NacsMXer
09-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Alright, thanks for the update.

I appreciate the referral, I am very leary about buying off of Ebay so I thought I would check with you first. I will def give him a call..

NacsMXer
09-24-2009, 04:20 PM
How we looking Pappy :) ?

Pappy
09-24-2009, 04:22 PM
Actually was able to pick it up today. Not sure what tonights schedule is but in any event it will be done shortly for ya

Candy Blue correct

NacsMXer
09-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Picked up from stripping? Was there a huge backup over there or something?

And yes, Candy/Trans Blue please ;)

Thank you!

Pappy
09-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Yes and no...but their end was only a few days delay but it put me in a spot where I couldnt get over there...the blame be all me:p

Its in the oven right now

NacsMXer
09-24-2009, 05:20 PM
I see now. Like I said I realize you are very busy and on the go a lot, so I understand. I'm just kind of itching to ride since I haven't had a chance to get out not once this year yet, it's pretty sad lol.

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Pappy
09-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Naaa dude there really shouldnt be much fo a delay and I do apologize. Everything goes well, it will be completed tonight then I can install the bearings and such for ya.

I did dsee teh rust you were talking about, and i will hit it with some sandpaper before I box it up. Thats normal and wont affect the chromoly a bit. I will also put a thin coat on that area to prevent it and each time you pull the carrier, just a slight swab of a light oil will keep it at bay

NacsMXer
09-24-2009, 05:51 PM
Awesome, I do appreciate that. I'll try to do that each time I pull the carrier, thanks. Wanna do me a favor and just grease the needles and install the sleeves/dust caps so it's all ready to bolt up when I get it?

Thanks again!

Pappy
09-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Yeah no worries. You will just have to deal with grease smudges haha

Pappy
09-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Its outta the oven and cooling .....friggon schaaaweeet comes to mind:devil:

NacsMXer
09-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Nooooiiicccce!!! lol :D

Can't wait to see it. Grease smudges I can handle :p

Thanks a lot for helping me out on the bearings and such ;)

NacsMXer
09-25-2009, 07:51 PM
Go ahead and shoot me a price on the return shipping when you get a chance. It's going to 60081. I'll Paypal you the total :cool:

Thanks again..

Pappy
09-25-2009, 08:47 PM
$10 will work

Pappy
09-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Ships out tomorrow..all bearings installed and greased up!

NacsMXer
09-29-2009, 10:19 AM
Beautiful :)

Should I Paypal the total ($83) to bkperformance@verizon.net?

Let me know, i'll send the payment ASAP
;)

Thanks!

Pappy
09-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeppers thats fine

NacsMXer
09-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Payment sent!

You can send it to the address I included with the payment.

Thank you!

Pappy
09-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Fed Ex#693967610002838

Thanks again!