PDA

View Full Version : power loss?

supernatural
08-17-2009, 07:14 PM
went riding yesterday and it was about 84 degrees and 90% humidity. quad rode fine until I tried climbing sand pit in third gear. near the peak and full throttle the quad just lost all power and bogged out. I could down shift and it would spin the tires like mad but when at full throttle too long it died out. I jetted it when the temp was about 65-70 and haven't had a problem like this before and have ridden in cold and hot temps but not this humid. Could the humidity have been the problem or should my air/fuel screw be tweaked for the thicker air? any suggestions would be great

Ba9801
08-17-2009, 08:37 PM
sounds like you could be running out of gas. You may have a problem with your fuel supply to your carb or possibly a problem with your float. You may not be keeping the carb bowl full.

riles88g
08-19-2009, 09:34 AM
it could easly be the humidity. here in sd theres just those nights were no one bothers riding cuz there quad or bike runs like crap. ik mine does when the humidity is high. clean ur airfilter too. even if its pretty clean. it could be somthing as simple as that.