View Full Version : skid plate question ???

tbrackman84
08-17-2009, 07:08 PM
i just put a belly skid plate on my quad, its a cheaper on off ebay. There are 5 mounting points, 2 on each side in the rear and middle of the plate, then one in the very front right under the bumper. The middle two went completley tight, but the rear two and the fron mount are loose, but as tight as the clamps will allow, should they be loose at all to allow flex maybe? or should they be solidly tight?

honda400ex2003
08-17-2009, 07:44 PM
I would say they they should be tight. i have never put skids on with loose bolts i guess lol. steve

Ryan'07400ex
08-17-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by tbrackman84
i just put a belly skid plate on my quad, its a cheaper on off ebay. There are 5 mounting points, 2 on each side in the rear and middle of the plate, then one in the very front right under the bumper. The middle two went completley tight, but the rear two and the fron mount are loose, but as tight as the clamps will allow, should they be loose at all to allow flex maybe? or should they be solidly tight?

On my pro armor they are all tight, they aren't exactly straight but they are TIGHT (mech. snapped one of em) I just wish it didn't vibrate so much, i guess i need more rubber under there.

You didn't specify on the brand so it could be different just make sure you have it on straight as possible.

marineco
08-17-2009, 09:22 PM
positioning may have something to do with it. when i installed my A Arm armor the last of the clamps seated nice and flat. but very loose. if i tightened it it got all tweaked into a wierd position. after loosening the others and some repositioning, they all clamped down tight and flat. I am going to redo it to put some padding in, i can take pictures if you need.

hypersnyper6947
08-17-2009, 09:48 PM
yeah they should be tight. I noticed with mine that the clamps are different, you have to put the right ones in the right spots. I actually dont even have 2 of mine hooked up because my nerfs are in the way and its still tight.