PDA

View Full Version : 05 400 ex jetting?

Kacker05EX
08-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey all, I just bought an FMF Powercore 4 exhaust for my ex (silencer only) and the instructions are telling me i should be re jetting when i put it on...trouble is i never got the manual with the bike so i'm just wondering if anyone may know what the jetting is for an 05....mainly the main jet and pilot jet, and if they are "slow" jets, and or hex head jets or slot head jets...any and all info would be greatly appreciated...

honda400ex2003
08-17-2009, 06:35 PM
the main is a 148 the pilot is a 38 and it has a non adjustable needle in it. I believe they are called hex head main jets the pilot is round, and i would start with a 155 main and see how it comes out. you should be able to leave the pilot and the needle but you may want to go to 3 or 3.5 turns out on the f/a screw. good luck, steve

Kacker05EX
08-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Thanx thats much appreciated...i'm a little baffled on the whole hex head or slot head thing...instructions were telling me to go up to a 150 or 152 main and a 40 pilot and everything else stays stock...as i flipped through a book looking to order some jets the hex head never listed a 150 or 152...only ones listed were slot head...then i was thrown the "slow" jet curveball lol..

honda400ex2003
08-17-2009, 06:44 PM
no prob. i would get the jets from jetsrus, i think you can choose your machine too so there is no mix up. you can try a 152 also and follow the directions with the 40 pilot if you prefer. slow and pilot would be the same and i think you can get the pilots from jets too or you can go to a dealer and they should have them. take the jets with you so they can match them up. i have some from yamaha in mine so it does not matter as long as they are the right jet. lol. steve