PDA

View Full Version : 70 CVT Crash

neveready
08-17-2009, 03:43 PM
We were wondering if anyone happened to get any video or photos of the crash in moto 2 in the 70 CVT class in turn one. Our son Spencer took an awful spill in it and I believe that Cole Shake was tumbled as well. Spencer is doing OK, His bike is destroyed!!. It broke both left side a-arms, the left front shock, the steering stem and the frame. I am still diassasemmbling and assesing the damages right now and trying to get it back together piece by piece.

We would just like to see what actually happened and see if he was actually hit anywhere as he does seem to have a few slight symtoms of a head injury and some good bruises here and there, but went to school this morning and seems to be his normal self. All of us including Spencer would just like to see what actually happened as it all went so fast. I hope anyone else involved is doing ok as well.

I would also like to thank the EMT's and all the people who helped on the track for their quick response and everyone who checked in on him in the pit to see if he was ok.

riding4fun
08-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Glad he is ok Kevin.

Logan #34's Dad
08-17-2009, 06:59 PM
Hey Kevin, according to Logan, Spencer was on one side of him and Shake was on the other and both were squeezing in on him. He claims to have pulled the front brake in and Cole and Spencer slammed together. Logan said someone actually ran into Spencer while he was still in the air. He said the quad just started tumbling. I wish I had my helmet cam on.

cole shake 32
08-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I asked cole what happend and he said him and Logan bumped twice on the straight away then as they went around the corner a red quad came tumbling in front of him and off he went and I asked my family that was in the stands and they said the red quad got hit from behind and tumbled in front of Logan then cole hope every things ok

neveready
08-17-2009, 09:20 PM
All I know is seeing the damage to his bike I know he could have been hurt much worse. He keeps saying he feels fine and acts ok. We are taking him to the eye doctor tomorrow though as he is having trouble in his right eye when he tries to look down, he keeps holding his head funny to look down instead of moving his eye down and sometimes says he sees double. They think he has a slight concussion, but we are going to make sure that there is nothing wrong.Thanks everyone for the info so far. I just wish someone would have a video to see if his head was actually hit so we know whether to worry or not. His helmet wasn't broke but his goggles were.

BradLoomis
08-17-2009, 09:31 PM
Kevin,
I am glad Spencer is fine to race another day!

I agree that anything on the quads can be fixed, but little racers don't need to be hurt at all.

If you need anything for the quad, let me know!

edwardsp&b
08-18-2009, 07:53 AM
i hope he is all right, i ran up right as it happened. it looked pretty bad, just glad everyones alright! it is scary when you see a bunch of mini quads flipping and tumbling.
bryan

mini racer #39
08-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Erik said the #60 bike flipped and landed on its rider, Erik spun out to keep from running over the rider and ducking Shakes flipping bike as it went over him.

JAG Motosports
08-18-2009, 05:53 PM
All I know is that that was one scary wreck! Even though Jordan wasn't in it, he was right behind it. I still almost had a heart attack! You get to know the kids that race with your kid and you hate to see any one of them getting hurt. I'm glad everyone was ok.

Rhonda Gibson