PDA

View Full Version : Who else is PUMPED for snowboarding!!!

jesseweaver
08-17-2009, 02:31 PM
its been 90 degrees the last few days and all i've been able to think about is snowboarding lol im starting to get so pumped. get wait to be on the slopes every weekend. who else snowboards, lets see your setup. anyone else go to blue mountain in PA? im up there all the time.

me and a bunch of friends went on a trip to vermont last year and hit up killington and okemo a few times. okemo was better i think, the stash at killington was pretty cool though. anyone else board there?

this year were not decided on where we're gonna go this year, but really looking at sugarloaf, Maine. looks like a real fun place, and we wanna go a little farther this year. we were also looking at some places in eastern canada but im trying to talk them out of that, everyone i go with is mostly 19 and 20 and i won't be 18 yet when we go so it will probably suck lol. any other good places in north eastern US?? or canada?

and next year we wanna go on one big trip before everyone gets married and buys houses and stuff, were thinking about out west, maybe colorado, maybe western canada, maybe even europe somewhere. any good slopes?

JLanphear
08-17-2009, 02:34 PM
A lot of people up this way like Jay Peak (10 mins from my house) and Smugglers Notch/Stowe. Both a fair amount further north than Killington.

KXRida
08-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Sold my board over winter, so no boarding for me at the moment :(

exrider12
08-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Definately go to Smugglers Notch or Stowe Vt. My grandparents have a house about 20 minutes from them. I will be up there alot.

Maybe I will see some of you guys there.

jesseweaver
08-17-2009, 04:52 PM
ok ill have to check those out. are they better than okemo and killington??

08-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Already have my trip planned to head out to Breck and Keystone in January. I cant wait!

exrider12
08-17-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
ok ill have to check those out. are they better than okemo and killington??

I like the parks better. I love Stowe. Its my favorite moutain in Vermont.

JLanphear
08-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
I like the parks better. I love Stowe. Its my favorite moutain in Vermont.

And it's cool because Stowe, Smuggs and Jay Peak are all in the same area so you can try them all out.

jesseweaver
08-17-2009, 07:42 PM
ah man i kinda want to go to those places now, i was looking at videos on youtube of them. but i kinda doubt all my friends are gonna want to go to vermont again :ermm:

Pappy
08-17-2009, 07:44 PM
I've told Dan @BPG several times he should have a winter sports thing at the park during the off season. It wouldnt take much and you could shred there

I can see the downhill getting real interesting on ice ...lol

honduh440
08-17-2009, 10:44 PM
ill be at a 3 bedroom ski in ski out condo at Vail for 3 weeks straight with a season pass around my neck ...... yes life is great

liex21
08-18-2009, 03:46 AM
I'm dieing for the season to start i didnt get to go once last year due to a injury it was the first winter for as long as i can remember that i didnt go but opening day killington cant wait hopefully itll open the end of november

insaneracin2003
08-18-2009, 11:13 AM
snow :confused: snow boards :confused: . ok, what are you northerners up to???
J/P. Man i would love to be able to go snowboarding....or even skiing. I keep trying to convince my wife on a vacation up north but she won't fall for it....

08-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
snow :confused: snow boards :confused: . ok, what are you northerners up to???
J/P. Man i would love to be able to go snowboarding....or even skiing. I keep trying to convince my wife on a vacation up north but she won't fall for it....

If your going North it has to be Canada, if your staying in the U.S. go West :) it wont let you down. Rather than live in the cold I enjoy my nice warm weather year round and take a trip to Colorado for a week each year to snowboard haha

Tommy Warren
08-18-2009, 01:56 PM
ok so you guys know about snowboards...ok I have a nitro board, bindings, boots, and helmet. are they any good? i've used it 3 times and want to get rid of it whats it worth?

jesseweaver
09-05-2009, 03:46 PM
we decided on a spot...

anyone ever been to sugarloaf in maine? i'll be there with about 6 or 7 friends january 3-10, i cant wait.

were renting this place for the week...

http://www.vrbo.com/174438

its gonna be pretty expensive though
:ermm:

jesseweaver
09-05-2009, 03:52 PM
ahhh i cant wait

:D

631kfx400
09-05-2009, 04:00 PM
i was just up at killington about 2 weeks ago doing some downhill Mountain biking. i saw the stash. looks sketchy as helll. the one wood wall ride looks cool. at least it was on a bike, 2 years ago i went to austria, greatest snowboarding/skiing ive ever seen in my life. this year i want to go back to MT. tremblant in canada, i love that place

jesseweaver
09-05-2009, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 631kfx400
i was just up at killington about 2 weeks ago doing some downhill Mountain biking. i saw the stash. looks sketchy as helll. the one wood wall ride looks cool. at least it was on a bike, 2 years ago i went to austria, greatest snowboarding/skiing ive ever seen in my life. this year i want to go back to MT. tremblant in canada, i love that place

yea dude the stash can be nasty. fun park to ride put all those wood rails get scary. and yea i know which wall ride you're talking about, thats fun as hell on a snowboard.

sorry i know very little about downhill mtn biking except it looks like fun.... do they take you to the top on the ski lifts? or how do you get to the top?