PDA

View Full Version : collarbone protection?

eriiqTRX
08-16-2009, 07:26 PM
well I have recently broken my collarbone and this is the second time and I dont wan't to do it anymore so, do you guys know if there is any collarbone protection out there?
one more thing: every time I wreck I get a broken bone, is There some tecnique that help me get less injuries when I fall?

08-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by eriiqTRX
well I have recently broken my collarbone and this is the second time and I dont wan't to do it anymore so, do you guys know if there is any collarbone protection out there?
one more thing: every time I wreck I get a broken bone, is There some tecnique that help me get less injuries when I fall? and ur doin this on a 250ex:huh but yes there is a way to protect ur collarbone and not break it....QUIT BEING AN IDIOT!!

jzpapa
08-22-2009, 01:30 AM
You may want to pick up another hobby...

But if not, maybe these...

www.mxsouth.com/neck-protection-braces.htm

eriiqTRX
08-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by jzpapa
You may want to pick up another hobby...

But if not, maybe these...

www.mxsouth.com/neck-protection-braces.htm
thanks! I dont really fall too much, I only have fallen from my quad 2 times in 3 years just that every time I fall I get my collarbone broken :ermm:

QuadJunkies
08-23-2009, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by SmitTank789
and ur doin this on a 250ex:huh but yes there is a way to protect ur collarbone and not break it....QUIT BEING AN IDIOT!!

WTF is your problem?? I think his question was valid.
dont be RUDE!:grr:

eriiqTRX

The unfortunate thing is it only takes 6lbs of pressure to break the clavical. There really is no way to eliminate itall together and with any kind of sport there is always that risk,but there are claims that a couple of the neck braces do help.
MY Daughter broke hers so bad last summer she had to have hers plated and screws... I was told not to wear a Leatte after a hard break, but maybe an EVS of Alpinestar. The neck braces all fit or put pressure on her clavical so shes not even able to wear one at all.
The best thing might be to see if anyone you know has a few styles to try on or go to your local shop and try them on for fit and feel .

08-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
WTF is your problem?? I think his question was valid.
dont be RUDE!:grr:

eriiqTRX

The unfortunate thing is it only takes 6lbs of pressure to break the clavical. There really is no way to eliminate itall together and with any kind of sport there is always that risk,but there are claims that a couple of the neck braces do help.
MY Daughter broke hers so bad last summer she had to have hers plated and screws... I was told not to wear a Leatte after a hard break, but maybe an EVS of Alpinestar. The neck braces all fit or put pressure on her clavical so shes not even able to wear one at all.
The best thing might be to see if anyone you know has a few styles to try on or go to your local shop and try them on for fit and feel . only 6 lbs?wow and didnt meen to be rude jus jkin around.....how come i didnt break that bone when i was goin fullboard 3rd gear and fell off in my field?

QuadJunkies
08-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by billet250ex
only 6 lbs?wow and didnt meen to be rude jus jkin around.....how come i didnt break that bone when i was goin fullboard 3rd gear and fell off in my field?

I take it you have more than one user name... :rolleyes:

The comment was rude and where you found that funny is beyond me ...think before you post please,he didnt find it funny either. We dont tolerate that kind of behavior here and most would not find that comment amusing.

Its the same reason why EVERYONE has or hasnt broke a clavical

Its LUCK OF THE DRAW.Yes 6 lbs. of pressure.
Some babies are born with broken clavicals just trying to be born. Its all in how you fall or brace your fall.
My Daughters wasnt from the fall itself but rather the impact of shorting a double, it even blew the bead.

Now you better go knock on wood now because about the time we question these things, CHIT HAPPENS. lol