PDA

View Full Version : overheating

willy bill
08-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Well I just got back from a ride at the oregon dunes and my son's apex kept getting to hot. I've tried going fatter on the main jet, adjusted the clip. I was hoping to get some advice on how to fix this thing. It has been an ongoing problem.I am running engine ice and it heats up about ten minutes in to the ride. I'm not saying a little hot, I mean old faithful hot!!! thanks

Nichols Atvs
08-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Could be lot of things water pump broke, not bleeding system enough, blown head gasket , clogged radiator , too hot plug. wrong fuel octane , this is just a small list youll need to tear into it .

willy bill
08-16-2009, 07:59 PM
well I know it is not a broken water pump or bleed(I just rebuilt it before we left). octane possible but there was an apex mxr 100lt reunning 110 as well and had the same thing happen. it was an 09 . I'll have to get into it a little deeper . Does anyone else ever have this happen?

gocroom
08-17-2009, 04:42 PM
I had the same problem aded a high performance water pump and two of the finned in line bansee type cooler no problems since ,we trail ride in florida

CORE
08-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Well lets see we bought a 2009 mxr90 in dec 2008, and the head gasket oring was pinched, then we found out half way though the race season that the (stock) crank was out of true by 36 thousands and at high RPM probably 70 thousands, generating temps of 240-290 F off the track. blew the piston/rings/belts/melted rollers/fried the rear drive spring and other misc stuff since jan 2009. After all that $$$$$ and disapointment. replaced the crank, piston and rings overheating has gone far far away. Now were running about 184 comming off the track. Some additional notes I used a step bit to open up the front grill for more air flow. hope this helps.

CORE
08-24-2009, 07:09 AM
oh ya one last thing, Now since its fixed we are starting over recalibrating everthing in for my sons weight. All the original data aint worth @#%.