PDA

View Full Version : Please help with shocks...I'm in a pinch

craigmacphee
08-16-2009, 02:39 PM
I just blew out the seal on the front right shock on my 09 ds 450 x MX. I was practicing at my track and my buddy noticed it was leaking. (I should have realized I was bottoming out consistently but didn't....) I don't know much about shocks, or how to fix them, but from what they said I need to get it rebuilt. While I am at it, I want to get both of the re-sprung, re-valved, and all the goodies that go with it. Problem is, I have a race this weekend and am 2nd in overall points. I am the only one on a Can Am, and REALLY want to make a showing at this event.

I figure due to time constraints, it will be near impossible to ship them somewhere, then get them returned in time. I am in the racer program, and can buy a whole new set (front and back) for $575, and would GLADLY do so if i could find a dealer that had a set they could part with. If I have to go that route, I would like to get them resprung right off the bat though. If I can't have them resprung now, I will later. Just know, as long as its fair, money is not an object.

Does ANYONE have any connections? Without coming right out, I am ALMOST begging.

Thanks for any help or leads.

Craig MacPhee
(989)550-2197