PDA

View Full Version : 38PWK A/S vs 38PJ

IcutMetl
08-16-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm attempting to get rid of my 38PJ and MotionPro "turbo" twist throttle/cable setup. Going to a 38 air stryker and a Motion Pro "CR PRO" twist.

If any of you have had experience with both these carbs, I'd like to hear your opinions. The 38PJ was on my 'wheeler when I bought it.

So far, my motor has about 4 tanks of gas thru a fresh 67.5mm Wiseco piston, midrange ported, RAD Valve, thin head gasket w/ approx 195-200psi compression, running 50/50 mix of premium pump and CAM2 110. Mix at 40:1 Klotz super techniplate. FMF Fatty pipe and FMF silencer. With my 38PJ, I had the best luck with a 175 main, 48 pilot, and a DGH on the 4th clip. I'm running the stock airbox with snorkel, UNI filter with holes in the lid. It seems to have fair low end, and a really broad powerband...which I like. The plug burns a medium brown and never fouls.

I've read a lot about these 'wheelers, and it seems like the 38 airstryker is the all-around hot ticket. I ride mainly XC type terrain, in all situations, and will be going big bore down the road a few.

Also, if any of you would know which Motion Pro cable to use with a "CR Pro" throttle and this carb, please fill me in!!

Thanks for the help!!

IcutMetl
08-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Really? Nobody? Well I better like it; I just sold my PJ. Need another carb now and there don't seem to be many used airstrykers floating around.

hondamancbr03
08-17-2009, 07:59 PM
in my opinion the PJ is a better bottom end carb with the PWK having a better top end.....I've ran PWK's in several types of bikes and although i like top end, it's a little harder to tune in the bottom end. Like i said, just my opinion.

I just pulled off a twist from my PWK and went thumb trottle....I can look to see what cable it had on it.