PDA

View Full Version : What did I do?

exrider12
08-16-2009, 11:39 AM
Ok. Yesterday me and my friends set up a slip and slide using a plastic picnic table. He has an inground pool so you would slide off the table into the pool.

You have to run and dive onto the table so you can slide. I went to go do it and I didnt jump high enough I guess and whacked the top of my knee( Right above my knee cap) on the table.

Now I cant fully extend my leg without my knee hurting like a *****. If my knee has a slight bend I can run,walk, jump and put weight on it.

Once I try to straighten it out it will hurt for like 30 minutes and then the pain kinda fades away.

Any ideas on what it could be? Im icing it and taking advils.

BlaineKaiser450
08-16-2009, 12:07 PM
you probly just whacked it too hard. I bet it will be better soon

BakerRacing40
08-16-2009, 12:57 PM
you failed to capture this on video? come on now.. you should have been thinking about us when your friends come up with "good" ideas.. lol
hope it gets to feeling better.. i knew a guy that barely bumped his leg and didn't have it checked out and like three days after that, they had to cut it off?..

wvspeedfreak
08-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
i knew a guy that barely bumped his leg and didn't have it checked out and like three days after that, they had to cut it off?..

I heard about that guy.Very,very sad.

exrider12
08-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I think its just bruised..

And you guys are asses:D

TRXman86
08-17-2009, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by wvspeedfreak
I heard about that guy.Very,very sad.

Didn't it get infected though? Could have swore it did and spread to the other one... Been a long time ago though... to long for this old guy to remember for sure...

Shame you didn't get any vid of it. Go do it again and hti the table again so we can laugh WITH ya... JK man LOL I'm sure you just bruised it real bad. I you leg starts to try to kick you in the mouth though (you will see what I mean) head to the ER and get it checked out! I didn't think much about mine till my knee hit me in the chin. Leg started to spasm and jerked right up. Torn MCL, bruised knee cap, split the bone in half (LONG WAYS) and bruised ACL. Wasn't a pretty site...

08-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
you failed to capture this on video? come on now.. you should have been thinking about us when your friends come up with "good" ideas.. lol
hope it gets to feeling better.. i knew a guy that barely bumped his leg and didn't have it checked out and like three days after that, they had to cut it off?.. now dont scare him

DominicD400ex
08-17-2009, 11:14 AM
This sounds like knee bursitis.

I got it during my senior year of soccer.

The knee cap is connected to the femur and the tibia both by ligaments. under each ligament there is a little pocket of fluid to help the movement of the knee. I popped that little pocket under the ligament connecting my knee cap to my femur, so it's the one on top of your knee. It was just as you explained, you could do whatever you want and it didnt hurt, but as soon as you straighten your knee all the way it hurts. try playing soccer like that lol.

I'm no doctor, but hopefully that helps you out.

exrider12
08-17-2009, 11:49 AM
So what do I do?

DominicD400ex
08-17-2009, 07:32 PM
rest it, ice it, elevate it when you're sitting, and either wrap it or get a tight neoprene knee sleeve to compress it.

reptikes
08-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
So what do I do?

Bang your head on the computer screen as hard as you can... untill you realize how st***d you are for asking a bunch of guys like us what you should do! Only a doctor can tell you what to do or what is actully wrong if anything. This isn't (ASKADOCTOR.COM)

08-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by reptikes
Bang your head on the computer screen as hard as you can... untill you realize how st***d you are for asking a bunch of guys like us what you should do! Only a doctor can tell you what to do or what is actully wrong if anything. This isn't (ASKADOCTOR.COM)

its not? damn it wrong site again lol no wonder why I cant get any answers

exrider12
08-18-2009, 10:43 AM
Reptikes.. Really not needed. DominicD had something help to post and I appreciate it.

It feels alot better today after Icing it alot and taking some advils.

ATV Chic
08-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Take advice then from someone who works in a hospital, go to a dr!