PDA

View Full Version : reliable 250f

racer36
08-16-2009, 07:26 AM
What would be the most reliable 250f made when they had irst came out. I have a 250 2-smoke, but it is big right now and I am looking at some 250f dirt bikes right now. Yes I still have my quad and I ride it more than the dirt bike.

KXRida
08-16-2009, 07:54 AM
The most reilable 250f you're going to find is a yzf.

reptikes
08-16-2009, 08:59 AM
If you maintain your bike, then all of the 250f's are reliable. Everybike has a problem here or there, for the most part they are all reliable.

KXRida
08-16-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by reptikes
If you maintain your bike, then all of the 250f's are reliable. Everybike has a problem here or there, for the most part they are all reliable.

The honda head's are the worst out of all of them and require the most frequent valve maintenance, which should be done on all bikes, so pretty much you're right. Yzf's have factory ti valves though. Motor wise I'd still take either a yzf or sxf when it comes to the 250's. Overall I like the rmz's the most. Probably my favorite 250f.

outacontrol
08-16-2009, 12:25 PM
ktm is a great choice. loved mine

reptikes
08-16-2009, 02:33 PM
I've stated before and ill do it again... there is a reason the Honda CRF250R wins all the shootouts (except 2006 Kaw. took it) its the best 250f available! Throw some KibbleWhite valves in and your set! I have a 2004 CRF450R which has the SS valves and i get them checked every couple months (some times there fine others times just off a tit). The ShootOuts aren't everything but they are a good base to look at.

racer36
08-16-2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks guys, I will just have to start looking now I guess.

08-16-2009, 06:09 PM
I've stated before and ill do it again... there is a reason the Honda CRF250R wins all the shootouts (except 2006 Kaw. took it) its the best 250f available! Throw some KibbleWhite valves in and your set! I have a 2004 CRF450R which has the SS valves and i get them checked every couple months (some times there fine others times just off a tit). The ShootOuts aren't everything but they are a good base to look at.

son a tit isnt a good measurement they come in many shapes and sizes!

warrior12
08-16-2009, 08:49 PM
go with a crf best bike.

reptikes
08-17-2009, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by mxcowboy
son a tit isnt a good measurement they come in many shapes and sizes!

YES THEY DO !

KXRida
08-17-2009, 01:50 PM
YES THEY DO !

either way we still like them!

jesseweaver
08-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I've stated before and ill do it again... there is a reason the Honda CRF250R wins all the shootouts (except 2006 Kaw. took it) its the best 250f available!

i own an 06 yzf250 and an 06 kxf250 an 2 of my good friends have 06 crf250s that i've riden quite a bit...

my personal favorite of those is the yzf250 (maybe just because its the one im used to the most, but idk it seems like an overall solid bike) second favorite would be the crf250 and last the kxf250, i just don't feel as comfortable on the kawi. so shootouts do help, but they aren't everything, different bikes suit different people better.

warrior12
08-18-2009, 07:58 PM
jesseweaver

you gonna be at breezewood labor day?
most likely gonna be there i need some competetion i havent been beat up there yet by any dirt bikers anyone on a bike come up you will have a good time.

jesseweaver
08-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by warrior12
jesseweaver

most likely gonna be there i need some competetion i havent been beat up there yet by any dirt bikers anyone on a bike come up you will have a good time.

haha well don't count on riding with me much, i'm probably only a low B class rider, don't let the whip pictures fool ya :blah: but im getting pretty consistent on the big track, i can just sit back and cruise now

idk yet, i usually don't know if i'm going until late friday night lol its always last minute. i'd like to but i still won't have my license back yet then so i gotta find someone to take me :( i'll start looking for rides a while

KXRida
08-19-2009, 02:11 PM
jesseweaver

I take it you haven't seen josh wilt then... :rolleyes:

jesseweaver
08-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
I take it you haven't seen josh wilt then... :rolleyes:

what numbers he? i dont know anyones name out at breezewood, i just remember numbers

warrior12
08-19-2009, 08:53 PM
ok sweet lol ans idk who that kid is either. send a picture of his bike with nujmberson it if you can.

i was beating kids thats were in A and B the only kid who kept up with me i guess he raced C and im racing C this weekend at hurricane hills.

warrior12
08-19-2009, 09:13 PM
anyone no labor day weekend at breezewood if ther ewill be a race for dirtbikes too i no theres one for quads

jesseweaver
08-20-2009, 03:59 AM
anyone no labor day weekend at breezewood if ther ewill be a race for dirtbikes too i no theres one for quads

you know theres a quad race huh? :rolleyes:

KXRida
08-20-2009, 04:39 AM
http://photos.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2097&g2_serialNumber=2

To be honest with yah, I don't know what number he is anymore. Last time I saw him he was on a crf.

Wait.... you beat A and B riders but not C riders? :o

Sorry bro, I'm just not seeing it. I'm a C rider/mid pack B and an A rider usually hands me my ***.

416exfreak
08-20-2009, 08:28 AM
i was beating kids thats were in A and B the only kid who kept up with me i guess he raced C and im racing C this weekend at hurricane hills.

Ok.. you beat kids that race A and B class, but a C class rider kept up with you, and you're racing C class this weekend?

Im calling complete BS on this one.

If you could outride A class riders then a kid in C class wouldn't even be comparable to you.:huh

jesseweaver
08-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
I wish I could keep up with C class bike riders! Haha I just got my 250f and I am really trying to get good on it.

just ride a lot, you'll be surprised how fast you can get good. watch fast guys and see how they do it. i'd never really rode a dirtbike before this spring, started going to tracks barely being able to keep the thing up for a full lap, now i can throw it way sideways and keep up with most B guys.

KXRida
08-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
just ride a lot, you'll be surprised how fast you can get good. watch fast guys and see how they do it. i'd never really rode a dirtbike before this spring, started going to tracks barely being able to keep the thing up for a full lap, now i can throw it way sideways and keep up with most B guys.

Outlaw B I usually do ok. Midpackish. C I do pretty well but the difference between B and C is a big step.

To get fast I've learned you have to be slow first. Learn the proper techniques and the speed will come. There's also a lot of little stuff that makes you fast. Body position, weighting the pegs, clutch control, etc.

warrior12
08-27-2009, 10:29 AM
it was a bwood so they were older guys with the bikes that had white and yellow backrounds so thats why. there was a c class kid there that was almost even with me. thats the only one who could keep up with me. but those other guys prolly just had the backrounds with numbers but dont race idk i was just going by there backrounds and numbers.

idk =/

08-27-2009, 10:54 AM
havnt heard anythin bout the rmz?

jesseweaver
08-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by KXRida
Overall I like the rmz's the most. Probably my favorite 250f.

read my friend READ before you post

08-27-2009, 11:58 AM
o didnt see dat post whoops:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

KXRida
08-27-2009, 02:12 PM
it was a bwood so they were older guys with the bikes that had white and yellow backrounds so thats why. there was a c class kid there that was almost even with me. thats the only one who could keep up with me. but those other guys prolly just had the backrounds with numbers but dont race idk i was just going by there backrounds and numbers.

idk =/

Don't judge a rider by background color. You can usually tell just by the riding which class they are. I know lots of guys that just buy backgrounds to look cool and don't even race.

ROLLIN
08-27-2009, 07:22 PM
not to rob the post but we saw a guy at breezewood on sunday that double the first two tables on the rythmn section on the intermediate track. now thats an A rider. he was on an 09 crf450. i'm thinkin i need a 450 now.

jesseweaver
08-27-2009, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by ROLLIN
not to rob the post but we saw a guy at breezewood on sunday that double the first two tables on the rythmn section on the intermediate track. now thats an A rider. he was on an 09 crf450. i'm thinkin i need a 450 now.

really? i've never even thought about doin that. that any faster than the double to the right?

your talking about the 2 tables then the step up going away from the bleachers aren't you?

KXRida
08-28-2009, 05:08 AM
If any of you are familiar with wolfmann's mx, the A riders tripple in and tripple out of their rythm section. Easily 120'+ each jump... Trippling out is even more impressive.

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2004/09/02/bikepics-205503-800.jpg

warrior12
08-28-2009, 12:23 PM
next time im up i may do it. i was thiking about it last time i went but idk why i didnt.

jesseweaver
08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
next time im up i may do it. i was thiking about it last time i went but idk why i didnt.

seems like you talk yourself up pretty much... have any videos or pictures of you riding?

KXRida
08-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
seems like you talk yourself up pretty much... have any videos or pictures of you riding?

X2

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to be the guy that said it

warrior12
08-28-2009, 01:04 PM
http://www.myspace.com/bmx1230

all i got is pictures.

warrior12
08-28-2009, 01:14 PM
and what do picturesmatter you gotta have balls to do new **** and go faster and when i see something new or hear about something i will try it. im not trying to be cocky sorry if i am just i no what i will try and wont try. if it will make me go faster i will try it. i went to my first raace last weekend i got 1st moto 5th in collegeboy and 250c and then college boy 6th second moto and 250c 7th second moto or viceversa overall 2 6th places collegeboy 9 riders and 250c 13. and that was my first time at that track.

outacontrol
08-28-2009, 04:50 PM
well i know for a fact your not in the top 10 of fastest bikes at breezewood if your not top 5 in c class. there are some crazy riders that hit up bwood, i should know ive been going there once a month for the last 4 yrs. the guy doing the whole rythmn section in one jump was one of the smoothest riders ive ever seen there, and he could barely get that 450 over it. go ahead warrior and try that on your clapped out 250f and see what happens. Man i hate keyboard racers!

Pappy
08-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Keep me posted, I would like to catch it on film

Cody said his 250 will do it, but he doesnt have the skill or balls to attempt it:p

warrior12
08-28-2009, 05:38 PM
ok ill tell you how it goes. rofl.

out of everytime i went to bwood i havent seen anyone faster than me except my first year on my rm there im not fast but im just saying i want people there who are faster than me so i can get better by tryingto keep up with them. and if i do try it atleast i have the balls to.

KXRida
08-29-2009, 04:36 AM
You should go to latrobe for one of the last practices. I just want to ride with you so bad. haha I have seen you there once before but I had a blown out rear tire and I was all packed up when you were pulling in.

Come out my way. Possibly going to rocket raceway sunday. I'd like to go back out to Plum creek or hi voltage though. I love those tracks.

outacontrol
08-29-2009, 07:23 AM
You should go to latrobe for one of the last practices. I just want to ride with you so bad. haha I have seen you there once before but I had a blown out rear tire and I was all packed up when you were pulling in.

yeah i might go over for one of the last ones, ill let you know..