PDA

View Full Version : help with ltrs

cannondale4life
08-15-2009, 08:07 PM
i might be trading my 250r for a near mint 07 ltr can someone inform me of problems with these quads alwys heard tranny lol just anything that would turn me away from buying one,any input would be well appreciated

itsallbizz
08-15-2009, 08:14 PM
I have had my ltr for a year now and I ride it hard at the track, I change the oil regularly with rotella T, just like ATP race engines suggest. I have never had a problem yet. I put 30-40 hard laps on my quad just about every weekend.

cannondale4life
08-15-2009, 08:19 PM
thanks im probably gonna trade,ok quick question(its off topic lol) will trx450r or 250r front shocks fit an ltr

cannondale4life
08-21-2009, 10:41 PM
well supposed to get the ltr tommorow so do you guys have anything to tell me i should do when i get it?

LTandRaptorider
08-22-2009, 12:06 PM
If it is still stock, get skid plates, especially swingarm skid. Get 20 in. rear tires. 13T front sprocket... Take off airbox lid, remove baffle from Exhaust (very easy) and get the cherry bomb (CRBM). If air filter is still stock, get an aftermarket one such as Twin Air or Uni. The tranny probs you've heard of are mostly 3rd gear in 07-09 LTRs. And that I think is from hard racing. And of course the tranny whine, which my 06 had big time when I first got it. Still does it some occasionally. Adding an extra 200ml of oil in engine seems to help with that. I've had my 06 for over 3 years, did a few flat track races and 3 years of hard woods riding with no probs.

Have fun with the LTR, it won't disappoint you! But unless your 250R is shot, I would have a hard time letting that go. My LT250R will get buried with me! :p

cannondale4life
08-22-2009, 03:43 PM
haha funny you said that cause i didnt end up trading couldnt leave er go i love it to much haha i might just wait a while and just buy one and keep my 250r like you did ltandraptor theres just something about em i love lol