PDA

View Full Version : what is this 450 worth?

bean2080
08-15-2009, 06:22 PM
sorry for writing a book here but theres alot of info lol

i came across a used 08 450r that a person sold my couson. he wants a 4x4 and is considering trading me for another quad i have. i dont know the person that sold it to my couson so i dont know too much about the quad its self.

i looked the quad over and it is a XC raced quad and has a built motor (not sure what all is done to it) houser a arms along with a houser swing arm, elka long travel shocks, nerf bars, bumper(which is broke) , steering stabilizer, handle bars, and some other small things like hand guards and such.

like i said this is a XC raced quad and from what i can tell its a little beat up, no light, scratched plastics, broken front bumper, grab bar broken clear off, broken pod where you turn on the lights and start it. from the small look i got of it that looks to be all thats wrong with it. the motor runs great, no smoke at all, frame looks OK so far, wheels look ok.

me and my couson are going to look it over tomorrow and try to find what and if there is anything else wrong. my couson said he is planning on keeping it for a couple months and fix some of the stuff that is wong with it so when the time comes for me to trade him most or all of the damage should be fixed.

so for my question, what would you guys think this quad would be worth? is there anything we should watch for and check out that might be broke? if i buy this quad i will be selling my XC built 400ex so i need to make sure this 450r is a good strong quad and is going to last me.

thanks for the help.

sunco
08-16-2009, 06:53 PM
check KBB.com trade in vs. retail. What are you willing to pay? I just got an o7 last week w/ $1500 of extra's on it. I paid $3500

bean2080
08-17-2009, 04:39 AM
it says the 450r is worth $5k and the quad im thinking about trading is worth $4700 so i think it should be around even. i didnt get to go check the 450 out the other day like i said i was but sometime this week i think we are going to look it over. like i said before, the broken stuff on the quad is going to be fixed so when i would trade him it will be in a little better shape. its a shame that the kid rolled it and this much stuff broke, but thats life i guess lol

sunco
08-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Good Luck, hope it works out for ya. :)

fastredrider44
08-17-2009, 04:28 PM
What are you trading? And I can tell you right now without looking at it that its not worth 5k. Elkas and Houser stuff doesn't make it a pro bike by any means. I wouldn't worry about plastics and bumpers. Those are easy fixes. I would look for any cracks in the frame, esp. by the footpegs, and I would be getting more info on this "built" motor. Check to see how much it has been ridden.

bean2080
08-18-2009, 08:58 AM
i was thinking of trading a 06 brute force 650i for it. he wants a utility and i want another sport quad. i personally havent looked at the frame or anything yet but when my couson got it he said he checked everything out.

i dont think it has the hrc kit, i know it has a cam but i dont know what else. i will try to get more info on the motor. from how the kid talked, it wasnt ridden too much but when it was ridden it was rode kind of hard because he raced XC. what do you think a quad like this would be worth from what i told you about it already? i will try to get pics of it sometime to help you get a better idea but its not acually my quad but i doubt my couson will care.

fastredrider44
08-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Unless it has really low hours and looks good, I doubt he could get over 4 for it.

bean2080
08-18-2009, 11:24 AM
ok i will be looking it over sometime this week and ill get back with any new info i have on it. the less the 450 is worth the better because if he trades i will have some extra cash :p

fastredrider44
08-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Post some pics if you can.