PDA

View Full Version : scoops and stablizer

Ryan'07400ex
08-15-2009, 03:59 PM
I recently got that cnc steering stabalizer from the guy off ebay. I wasn't thinking and went to put it on saw that I would have to give up the air scoops (tinner's) to mount it. Anybody see a way to have both or would it be to much trouble you think?
Woulda put this on the other thread but didn't wanna get off subject.
Thanks for any ideas

If i cant make it work i'll just sell them to a friend... unless he gets a stabalizer now to.

rinaldi
08-16-2009, 11:58 AM
I have both and don't see how it would interfere when mounting. The two aren't even close on my quad. Are you sure you are mounting it correctly?

Ryan'07400ex
08-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by rinaldi
I have both and don't see how it would interfere when mounting. The two aren't even close on my quad. Are you sure you are mounting it correctly?

You have the air scoops from "tinner" and the cnc stabalizer from J. Johnson (I think)?

Unless the scoops have changed you don't have the same two I have if both fit.

I suppose I could take a picture sometime

rinaldi
08-17-2009, 03:21 PM
My scoops are from Rocky Mountain-I forgot the name brand? If the Tinners don't fit, sell them and if you want some others at least I know the others do work without issues. Not sure how the mounting between the brand air scoops would be that different.

Ryan'07400ex
08-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by rinaldi
My scoops are from Rocky Mountain-I forgot the name brand? If the Tinners don't fit, sell them and if you want some others at least I know the others do work without issues. Not sure how the mounting between the brand air scoops would be that different.

yea they would b different then
i may just cut it and use 3 or 4 zipties so that way it wont be loose but wont be scratching my stabalizer like not cutting would
Thanks for help rinaldi