PDA

View Full Version : Carb rebuild (kits / suggestions?)

MtnEX
08-15-2009, 10:06 AM
OK, I had a leaky needle and seat or stuck float... I was streaming out the overflow...

So I took it apart and cleaned it all up... and that seemed to take care of it. But now I have a leak.... I think it is coming out from (#23) the float gasket.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Motosport/TRX400EX%5E1999%5ECARBURETOR?$oemlarge$

I see I can get a gasket kit... but do they make a rebuild kit for these so I can do it all or keep some extra parts on hand?

I'd like to upgrade the screws to better stuff too.

I'd also like to get a 40 and a 42 pilot jet to mess with... and I would like to get that RD Precision main jet out of there and replace it with a proper Keihin. I might want to pick up a couple different sizes there too. Some for temp and altitude changes... and I'm thinking of going away from the K&N...

Where do you guys turn for this stuff besides the dealer?

08-16-2009, 02:07 AM
www.jetsrus.com

MtnEX
08-16-2009, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
www.jetsrus.com

Thanks!

Right now I have the stock 38 pilot.

As for the main jet I have now, it's an RD Precision brand and is a 155.

I think I am a little lean on the pilot and a little rich on the main.

I'm going to get a 40 and a 42...

As for the main I'm not sure...

Any idea if the listed "jet kit" contains keilin jets?

08-16-2009, 07:23 PM
they are keihin jets...read their faq on jets and jetting to see their philosophy on after market jets

MtnEX
08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Probably the same philosophy as mine.... :cuss:

I've been trying to chase down the leak and I think it's actually coming from around the accelerator plunger?

Think I might have messed up that rubber boot? Or put it back wrong?

MtnEX
08-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Any suggestions on OEM main jet sizes?

I live at 1250-1300 ft elevation.
And I ride to much higher elevation.
Up to 2600 ft often, sometimes higher.

I have full Yoshi exhaust, and a K&N filter with the lid ON... but I'm "considering" going to a foam type filter...

Will a switch from K&N to Uni or the like be enough difference for a jet change?

Right now it has an RD Precision 155 main jet.
It's a bit rich, yet I don't know how it 'really' compares.