PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable Night

gcart2
08-15-2009, 08:33 AM
Well lately i have been getting into sand drag racing on friday nights. Its pretty fun because the people that put it on make it a real relax, just have a good time, type deal. It only cost ten bucks to ride so if you lose big woop.

anyways we race pinks style.
pull up to the line negotiate. race. best out of three.

I managed to win that class.

i was about to pack up and go home when the owner announces a riders meeting. he wanted to do a consistency race. he said it would cost five bucks a person and first place takes all. I wasnt interested and was gonna go home (it was late). He changed his mind said doesn't cost anything, winner take one hundred bucks.

Im down.

for those who do not know, consistency race is just a time trial. you take two runs. they see how close your times are.

(this is the unbelievable part)

I line up to run, i take off, solid run.
5.483 in 350ft.

everyone goes through and gets there times. my turn

i line up to run, i take off, solid run.
5.484 in 350 ft.

i was like
:huh

won a hundred bucks, i rode over to the clocks where all the head dicks were and they handed me the money before everyone finished :p

it paid for my brand new asv clutch perch and stock cable lol.

08-15-2009, 08:37 AM
ur really sucesful at drag racin arnt u?u had another thread sayin the first time u did it u won.....but burned up the clutch...good job

witech
08-15-2009, 08:51 AM
ever run 500ft? Whats a good time for heavily modded?

gcart2
08-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by SmitTank789
ur really sucesful at drag racin arnt u?u had another thread sayin the first time u did it u won.....but burned up the clutch...good job

i guess.

i enjoy it.

about the clutches. i didnt burn up my last set (thought i did). I had a magura hydraulic clutch. it needed to be bleed. i dont like the system so i switched back to a cable and crf 450 perch.

as far as 500ft, i have no clue. i was running 5 flat in 300 and 5.4 in 350ft.