PDA

View Full Version : It's sickening..

MX MaNiAc 06
08-14-2009, 10:12 PM
How much endurance I've lost in two years! I was watching old videos and found one from two years ago (17) and did ten or twelve laps at race speed. I pulled off and talked to my dad for a minute, not even winded. And then pulled out and kept going. I could not do that now without pulling off the track sweating my @ss off and chugging water. I ride more now than I did then at the time. But I just had crazy stamina.

Am I the only one?

tri5ron
08-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Hahaha!!!
two years ago ??? 17 ????
you dont EVEN want to know what it's like at nearly 50 y.o. !!!
LMAO !!!

when I was a teenager riding dirtbikes, we rode 40-50 mile loops in the open desert, and our bikes had 4" to 6" of suspension!
(why do you think we invented kidney belts ???)

Have you ever seen the movie "On Any Sunday" ???
I was 11 when it came out, and had been riding for about 6 years already.

ride hard, ride fast, and keep the rubber side down...

MX MaNiAc 06
08-15-2009, 12:00 AM
At this rate I'll be putting in laps in a motorized chair!

extremeblastr
08-15-2009, 12:16 AM
i kinda get where you coming from but i can still ride just as hard just as long. i feel it a whole lot more than i used to the next day and i'm only twenty. i guess i can chalk that up to a combo of the riding and football and hockey and lacrosse...

08-15-2009, 12:39 AM
I've lost so much in the past year its truely sad. I went from running 10 miles every other day and working out before each run to now a jog around the block I feel like i'm going to pass out. Riding I get arm pump bad. Unorganized racing I'll be out there in front nobody is touching me i'm holding my position and all of a sudden its like I have to pull off the course because i'm out of breathe and I cant hold on. I try to get into the mood to get myself back to that position but I havent ridden in over a month now and I havent worked out in a few months.

Tommy Warren
08-15-2009, 01:10 AM
yeah buddy I hear ya. I went mountain biking today for the first time since I got my drivers licence. lets just say the old gray mare just ain't what she used to be;)

MX MaNiAc 06
08-15-2009, 09:02 AM
Hahaha I think it's mostly becuase I smoke a pack a day now. I am in really good shape right now because I ride just about every other day. I have a track at my house that's pretty rough but since I ride here all the time I don't get real tired. I'm going to that track tomorrow and I'll see if I can ride as hard as I used to there!

08-15-2009, 09:10 AM
hey here's an idea quit smoking dumbass's!!!there over 4,000 chemicals in one cigarette.....i mean my parents smoke about 4-6 cigarettes a day.....although they are in very good shape.....and they never run outta breath...

jcv400ex
08-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Well DUH! Quit smoking!

08-15-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Well DUH! Quit smoking! wow i thought you would be the last person that agree's with me lol......

BlaineKaiser450
08-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by SmitTank789
i mean my parents smoke about 4-6 cigarettes a day.....although they are in very good shape.....and they never run outta breath... put them on a 450 at a real track and have them ride A class speed for 1 lap, theyll be passed out im sure.

MX MaNiAc 06
08-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by SmitTank789
hey here's an idea quit smoking dumbass's!!!there over 4,000 chemicals in one cigarette.....i mean my parents smoke about 4-6 cigarettes a day.....although they are in very good shape.....and they never run outta breath...

Are you serious?! Are these things bad for me!! Come on kid I've heard it all before. I doubt your parents are athletes too.

Quitting smoking is out of the question. I try to exchange smoking for chewing as much as possible to help my lungs out for riding. But doesn't work very well. Isn't that crazy how smoking for two years can do that to you? I couldn't imagine smoking for 10-15 years then trying to ride!

08-15-2009, 01:30 PM
Try seeds. I know a lot of people that chew sunflower seeds rather than smoke because it keeps them busy.