PDA

View Full Version : what should i do with my 03 predator

meangeno69
08-14-2009, 05:35 PM
I have an 03 predator that is pritty much modded to the max without going inside the moter. My question is that I have a boat load of hours on it and I am getting worried that it doesn't have two manny more left( no signs of letting go or anything just don't know how many hours a predator lasts) if I get a big bore kit will that make the moter pritty much brand new or would if be better to just sell it and get a newer quad.

redteamgo2000
08-17-2009, 05:51 PM
i have basically everything you can do done to my 03 preddy. the big bore will make the cylinder new. i mean as far as piston and rings and sleeve. your still gonna have to do the bottom end which i would do since you said it has alot of hours. and if its apart your gonna wanna do the head too. have everything in the head checked and replace as needed. this is the time to decide where you wanna go with it. back to stock basically or built to high hell. i went the expensive route with mine.

i have the head ported and polished and milled. 12.5 to 1 piston, 558cc bore, +3mm stroker crank, stage 1 hotcams, kibblewhite valves, all new tranny, new clutch with hinson basket... so on so forth. i have alot of money in mine but i know its all new and done right.