PDA

View Full Version : Dirtbike Trouble, Noob question

pro-rider46
08-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Okay, i have a 05Crf 450r. I bent a needle in my quad, so i took the needle out of the dirtbike, and i also to the a/f screw out to put in my quad. well i got a new needle and slotted the quads a/f screw, and i cant start my bike with the kick starter, it only pop starts. it runs great but i cant get the A/F screw to set right, i have tried anything from 1 turn, to 3 turns. my valves where checked not that long ago, too. my air filter is cleaned, and it has good fresh gas. It started fine before i switched things, but now its just frustrating me that i cant get it to start.

Any help is appreciated!
-steve

eastside 400
08-14-2009, 03:48 PM
is it the same needle? check valves again because crf's go through them quickly but from what you said that shouldnt be the problem. check the carb again to make sure everything is in right

pro-rider46
08-14-2009, 04:34 PM
yes its a oem needle, the valves shouldnt be the problem, because like a said, they where just checked recently. and they barely moved. I will go through the carb to make sure everything is okay.

Out of curiousity. what would be better for starting, richer, or leaner, because if its richer i might just throw a bigger pilot in there, to see if that would fix it.