PDA

View Full Version : Edt Gate Fee's...normally???? I Am Ticked!!!

TRXman86
08-14-2009, 12:07 PM
(had it in the other one, now a new one :D)

How much was it for you to get in the gate there? NOT including the race fee?

South Fork Dirt Riders has their race at the end of the month and their gate fee is freakin insane... which is an understatement if you ask me...

Saturday, August 22nd - Practice Day

5:30 pm - 10:30 pm - $20 to practice

Thursday, August 27th
Gates Open @ 3pm

Gate fee: adults $40 / kids $35

Friday, August 28th
Gate Fee: adults $35 / kids $30
Sign in starts @ 10am
Practice 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm - $20 to practice

Saturday, August 29th
Gate fee: $30 / kids $25
Race Fee - $40 per class

Sign in 6:30 am - 8 am
Practice @ 8 am

*There is a $40 weekend pass. Which is NOT mentioned on the site. When i called, the goofy lady could have told me rather then say she didn't care if anyone showed or not...

What is your take on this? High prices, or normal?

reconmaster
08-14-2009, 12:22 PM
thats how much a mx national is for 4 days and thats how much a cmrc mx national is for 2 days its common to see that these days

TRXman86
08-14-2009, 12:58 PM
The 2 day pass I can agree on. Even at some of our special shows for stock cars, you can pay $40 for 2 days. But even then if your only there for 1 day your paying roughly $25 for one day. I just got an e-mail from Leroy Harris from SFDR:

I can appreciate some of your comments. This is a NATIONAL EVENT. these racers come from all over the us. WE are not the promoter, only providing our facility. If you clasify this like a stock car race then you are way off. There will be million dollar rigs here and they recieve a large purse. Check a nascar ticket or even a baseball game and this is less. Our gate for local events is $10. We are building this track for future quad events next year, maybe that will be priced more resonable for you. I know some quads are upset with this past year but we are building a new track for quad racing moto x. this is two tracks built toward quad racing. is this not better than what some tracks are doing and restrict quads completely. I am with you because I would not pay $30 either. LEROY The part that he is wrong about is the million dollar rigs. YES, they will be there, but at a Nascar or Baseball event, there are also million dollar rigs for souvenirs adn what not. Yes they are expensive to run, I get that. But where do they justify a $40 gate fee for a day NOTHING is going on, or a $35 gate fee for a practice day? makes no sence to me? The kids price is even worse. Maybe it's just me, but they seem to be digging in an empty hole of the amateurs pockets like mine. I am not just complaining for myself, but others that would like to go, but can't see spending that much for one day. It kills the little guy, and slowly is killing our site. This is not a national caliber track like Red Bud, Washugal, Lorettas... It's a hick town ran in the ground track... I don't know... just urks me like I said...

muddy400EX
08-14-2009, 01:46 PM
are you talking about south fork as in taylorville IL? there having a national?:ermm:

TRXman86
08-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
are you talking about south fork as in taylorville IL? there having a national?:ermm:

One in the same yes. At first, SFDR wanted NOTHING to do with it after they got it schedualed and wanted it moved to Ava,MO. I guess the guy (Reed) there said NO WAY!!! SFDR didnt want to get insurance, lights, or anything and was gonna cancel it. It has been an up and down road to see if they are even having it or not..

Guy400
08-14-2009, 01:58 PM
There's no way I'd pay that.

Pappy
08-14-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
There's no way I'd pay that.

Roger that...especially for thursday when you cant to anything there beyond twittle your dittle. Practice should be even less, it may draw a few folks in who decide to actually race afetr testing the waters

Promoters need to get a grip, you wont be adding entries this way. I understand they need to cover costs, but I forsee a shrinking attendance even if the economy gets better....no one likes to feel ripped off.

The race day fee's are acceptable I think, although it may behove promoters to lower the childrens fees to encourage growth

lonnie1977
08-14-2009, 09:38 PM
$40 for the weekend aint bad. But I wouldn't pay those single day prices. Why is Thursday the most expensive day or is that the weekend pass and it goes down as the weekend wraps up?

robertsracing87
08-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Its $40 for thursday through saturday, $35 for friday and saturday, and $30 for just sat. Those are weekend pass prices. Its that away at all EDT nationals and all MX nationals.

Pappy
08-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by robertsracing87
Its $40 for thursday through saturday, $35 for friday and saturday, and $30 for just sat. Those are weekend pass prices. Its that away at all EDT nationals and all MX nationals.

Good lord, thanks for that! I was understanding him as saying those prices were daily!!!!!

TRXman86
08-14-2009, 11:15 PM
The way that has been explained to me and my dad that those are the daily prices. Nobody at SFDR said anything about that being the pass prices. I don't know, but I am leaning to staying home now. But I really want to get my name out there. Stuck between a rock and a pocket book...

One_Bad_400
08-14-2009, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by TRXman86
. But I really want to get my name out there.

man, i'll be honest with you. i'm not saying you suck or anything by any means so dont get me wrong. but if you want to get your name out there, TT in NOT how to do it. i love TT more then anything. but the EDTN isnt going anywhere, the only place its going is downhill. thats why so many ridders have gotten out of TT. there is only one way to get your name out there in TT and thats if you podium in Pro. if you wana get your name out there Woods racing / MX / and Freestyle are the only way to go. OR in the dirt bike world. I've got an old buddy of mine that used to be a TT champion. not gonna say who he was but his words to me were. i shoulda rode dirt bikes.

TRXman86
08-16-2009, 01:15 PM
I pretty much decided I wasn't going south for the EDT at SFDR. The amount of $ I will be spending on getting my family in is just to heavy for me. Even if I left them at home, For a broke-dik-racer, it's just to dam hard to do. I have a MX race the following weekend so I know funds would be limited for that. Right now, I am leading points chasing a title, so I can't take chances... 4 races to go, a 20+ point lead... last year in MX... gotta get that title!!!