PDA

View Full Version : DG Exhaust Slip on?

VTredneckgames
08-14-2009, 05:32 AM
My cousin just bought an 05 300ex that needs a rebuild. He is going to fix it up and sell it. It has a red DG slip-on muffler. Im thinking about trying to trade my stock exhaust for this one.

How is the DG exhaust pipes? Would it swap with my 400ex?

Thanks

hondaking52
08-14-2009, 05:26 PM
i dont think it will swap, and arnt they like mega loud?

VTredneckgames
08-16-2009, 01:39 PM
no idea, thats why I ask. His wasnt running when he got it. But I am looking for a good but quieter exhaust.

thanks

Pipeless416
08-16-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by VTredneckgames
no idea, thats why I ask. His wasnt running when he got it. But I am looking for a good but quieter exhaust.

thanks

good and quiet should never be used in the same sentence as dg.

hondaking52
08-16-2009, 07:18 PM
ya i dont think ur gona get quite out of a dg.

08-16-2009, 08:07 PM
It doesn't sound like the old piece of crap DG...

DG's old steel megafone and krome-lite exhaust's were absolute junk. I'm talking loud, minimal power increase, they rusted, etc. But the one you describe, if it's red, makes me believe it's the R.A.C.E series.
Some of Dollar Generals modern exhaust's aren't all that bad. I mean they're still loud, but they have much better power increases then the old ones and are made of a type of aluminum so they don't rust anymore. As a matter of fact I think the DG X2 series is one of the best sounding pipes on a 400ex.

So post up a pic of the pipe you're looking at and ill tell you if it's worth it or not.

VTredneckgames
08-17-2009, 07:18 AM
I was unable to get a picture, but after looking around online, it looks like it is a R.A.C.E.

If they are super loud though, I dont want to bother with it. I just want better low end, top end doesnt matter as much to me, and I want to be able to remain somewhat quiet.

08-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by VTredneckgames
I was unable to get a picture, but after looking around online, it looks like it is a R.A.C.E.

If they are super loud though, I dont want to bother with it. I just want better low end, top end doesnt matter as much to me, and I want to be able to remain somewhat quiet.

Yeah, the DG's are very loud.. Look around though. Maybe they make a quiet core for it?