PDA

View Full Version : RC car guys(nitro)

hondaking52
08-13-2009, 06:29 PM
hey guys, i know some of you have these things, i have a hpi truck and it has probly been sitting in my room for a year, i want to get it goin again and i know these things can be a royal pain in the arse and mine is, i cant seem to get it to fire for the life of me, is there a chance the fuel has gone bad, and yes i dumped the tank and put in the stuff from the jug or is there any tricks you guys know of? and it is a roto start if tht helps.

thanks

matt14c
08-13-2009, 07:04 PM
How long has the fuel jug been sitting? I was told in the jug its only good for a few months. Check your glow plug. Take the plug out and put it into your lighter to see if it fires. If so then its most likely your fuel or a carb problem. Not sure on your model but alot of them have little cone fuel filter that if fuel sat in the tank for awhile they can get pretty gummed up. If you have a pull start take the pull starter off and try to start it with a electric drill thats how I start all of mine. But you should be okay if you have a bump box. I had a rc10gt with an os .12 that sat for over five years. New fuel, tank and glow plug fired right and have put about a gallon and half through it since with still really good pinch.

hondaking52
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
the fuel is a few years old so i'm gona go with bad fuel, lol, and i will check the plug tomoro, i need new chargers( went MIA on me) so i will grab some fuel to, thanks a bunch man, and mine is a roto start, basically put a drill into the back of the motor and turn it over

matt14c
08-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Yea if your fuel is that old than it is definitly that! I only buy the quarts or whatever now cause I dont use enough and it goes bad before I do. May want to pick up a can of nitro clean or something also to clean up the carb a bit. Dont use traditional carb cleaner its too harsh. But with new fuel and a fresh glow ignitor you should be good to go. Might want to grab a plug too just to be safe. I dont think they can go bad sitting but who knows.

flyboy1294
08-13-2009, 08:38 PM
New fuel, and change your glow plug.