PDA

View Full Version : Well.. (Sigh)

exrider12
08-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Got my 06 yesterday. Straight up trade for an 06 Yz125. That was mint.

Cons-To say the least this quad was in need of some tlc. Broken fender bolt, chain lube everywhere, filthy airfilter, filthy overall. Now it has a dead battery, and just found out it needs a new front sprocket (Its shot big time). Plastics are ok.

Pros- Runs awesome( when running.) Pro taper bars, Rath bumper and grab bar. Low hours. Bearings are tight, chain is new, holeshot tires, and now after some hard hours it is extremely clean!

I think I made out ok. Everything is getting replaced this winter anyway.

It has the stock airfilter that will be replaced by a Uni as soon as i get the stuck screw out. The one that holds the little bracket to the back of the air filter.. I cant get it out. Any help?

klutch
08-13-2009, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
It has the stock airfilter that will be replaced by a Uni as soon as i get the stuck screw out. The one that holds the little bracket to the back of the air filter.. I cant get it out. Any help?

Wow thats my exact problem right now too! Just got a new Uni filter. That bracket holding the stock filter stuff is stuck... Thew screw won't budge....

ds268
08-13-2009, 03:25 PM
I would take a screw driver and a hammer, push down hard while turning and tap the top of the screw driver firmly with the hammer. That should break it loose.

fastredrider44
08-13-2009, 04:09 PM
A bike for a quad straight up? You did pretty good. Even if the bike was perfect and the quad needed some tlc, you did good.

73watermutt
08-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Lets see some pics.

jkiserracing
08-13-2009, 07:10 PM
Try using the fattest headed phillips driver you can find. That little screw has a pretty big slotted phillips head on it. I guess theyre in there pretty tight stock

hilltop_83
08-13-2009, 07:26 PM
I used vice grips to get my screw out. worked perfect.

exrider12
08-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys! I was a little frustrated today. It took along time to get up to my standards. I have pretty high ones. I like my stuff to look nice.

Im gonna try that hammer thing tommorow with a big phillips head. Hopefully it will come out. Its exactly why I want a uni, so I can get rid of the damn thing.

Any help on how to get chain lube off the swinger? The guy used a ton and its on there pretty good. I will try to get some pics tommorow.

Touched up a few spots on the frame and on the bumper.

Taking the heat gun and and sand paper to the plastics tommorow, as well as a new sprocket. I cant even tell you guys how bad this damn thing is.

And I got the battery charged by jumping it with my lawn mower haha. It will get there soon enough.

RIDEREDson
08-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Soak simple green on the swinger. If that don't work, Eagle one self etching wheel cleaner will take it right off.

exrider12
08-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Ok thanks RIDEREDson. Can I use it on the engine to? Its kinda stained. Nothing big but annoying to me.

This thing is gonna get better and better as the days go on:D .

Hopefully it will be ready for NEATVMX.

pro-rider46
08-13-2009, 10:24 PM
try superclean, i have tried a lot of degreasers, and by far super clean has worked the best for me.

klutch
08-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys! I was a little frustrated today. It took along time to get up to my standards. I have pretty high ones. I like my stuff to look nice.

Im gonna try that hammer thing tommorow with a big phillips head. Hopefully it will come out. Its exactly why I want a uni, so I can get rid of the damn thing.

Any help on how to get chain lube off the swinger? The guy used a ton and its on there pretty good. I will try to get some pics tommorow.

Touched up a few spots on the frame and on the bumper.

Taking the heat gun and and sand paper to the plastics tommorow, as well as a new sprocket. I cant even tell you guys how bad this damn thing is.

And I got the battery charged by jumping it with my lawn mower haha. It will get there soon enough.

I got the screw off mine already. Used Pressure Pliers also known as Vice Grips. Worked perfect.

RIDEREDson
08-14-2009, 02:12 AM
Ok thanks RIDEREDson. Can I use it on the engine to? Its kinda stained. Nothing big but annoying to me.

This thing is gonna get better and better as the days go on:D .

Hopefully it will be ready for NEATVMX.

Yes you can, just dont let it sit on rubber hoses or anything. I was amazed when I saw this stuff work. We used it on my buddys kfx. Sprayed the frame (since the frame is aluminum) and motor and about 40 sec. later it looked brand spankin' new.

One_Bad_400
08-14-2009, 01:02 PM
just a little technique my dad tought me. if you ever go to loosen a bolt and it seems REALLY tight. BEFORE you strip it out. tighten the bolt a little more. and it will break free what ever is holding it back from coming out. like carb bolts. i always tighten b4 i loosen becasue i always strip out carb bolt heads

exrider12
08-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Ok thanks. I got the bolt out and got my new sprocket on. Runs good but the battery wont stay charged.. Do I need a new one?

If you stall it once its fine. After the 2nd or 3rd time the battery is dead.. Any ideas?

One_Bad_400
08-14-2009, 10:28 PM
the battery in these bikes are different then a normal battery, and my experience with them is after they've been run completely a few times, they are done. so i'd go ahead and get a new one. they are pretty pricey though

RIDEREDson
08-15-2009, 03:42 AM
Check on EBAY. You can find some decent deals on batteries there.

exrider12
08-15-2009, 06:17 PM
Nevermind. Sick of it. Trading for an 04 kick start with brand new razrs and a white bros full pipe. I heard they are better for mx to?

Sjorge450R
08-15-2009, 06:35 PM
HAHAHAHA. Just put a kicker on the one you got. Its newer, you already fixed it up and the kickstart stuff only cost like $400 I think. Not sure if its worth your hassel going through another title exchage.

Also as for the Eagle One Etching wheel cleaner.

DO NOT PUT THAT ON ANY POWDERCOATED METAL. It will destroy it. Also, painted materials will also suffer from it if you leave it on too long. Other than that its great ****.

exrider12
08-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Im just sick of the battery. And seriously I put 20 bucks into this thing. And in MA you dont have titles for used quads.