PDA

View Full Version : Oil Temperature Dipsticks

VTredneckgames
08-13-2009, 12:51 PM
I was thinking about purchasing one of xrsonly's oil temperature dipsticks. $40 on their website. I figured that was alittle high, but its not that bad, I'll get one. I go through all of the stuff, registering, adding address, etc. Then I come to find out that they want $17 to ship the blame thing! Thats unbelievable! $17 to ship a dipstick! That wouldnt cost $5 USPS.

Is there any other places to get one? Or is there anything else that I could do to monitor the oil temperature? Thanks

Brad

rinaldi
08-13-2009, 12:58 PM
I had the same issue when I bought one. Others say you can find similar on Ebay. I bought the XR's only and it leaked when the quad ran hot. I called them and they had me return it and they sent me a new one and so far no issues. I didn't bother contacting them for about 6-7 months since others said they just leak. Anyway no issues. So I guess even though they are expensive they stand behind their products.

I just recently odered from them again for my CRF250R and made sure I ordered enough for free shipping-$200. I found enough I wanted to justify. But I agree their shipping is outragous.

matt14c
08-13-2009, 01:16 PM
I seen that too and felt the same way that do. A couple people have tried making there own if you search it you may be able to find them and how to do it.

aDviSol2y
08-13-2009, 01:28 PM
$17 isn't $#!^. Try ordering something form BigGun. It will cost you $50 to ship. What you might try doing is seeing if a shop can order it for you. Most of the time shops will get free shipping. I know this is the case with BigGun.

VTredneckgames
08-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by aDviSol2y
$17 isn't $#!^. Try ordering something form BigGun. It will cost you $50 to ship. What you might try doing is seeing if a shop can order it for you. Most of the time shops will get free shipping. I know this is the case with BigGun.

lol, yeah Ive heard that they are outrageous too. But atleast a muffler is a lot bigger than a dipstick!

I'll do some searches to see what I can come up with. And I will see if any shop around can order me one. Thanks guys.

honda400ex2003
08-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I have no complaints with the service at xrs. i broke mine last week and i sent it to them on tuesday and had my new one on friday. no questions asked. great service and i will do business with them again. it is worth the 50 bucks for the setup it really works good. steve

katch26
08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
check this one out!
actual price 71.02 before shipping lol

honda400ex2003
08-13-2009, 06:16 PM
very nice!! looks pretty big though compared to the xrs. i mean it sticks up further out of the tank. steve