PDA

View Full Version : Motorcross quad...will it work ok

Lquad71
08-12-2009, 11:06 PM
i used to race motorcross on a 5 year old trx450 and just last weekend the transmission blew on a hard landing on the gas...while we r having the motor open we thought we might just do the whole thing for motorcross...

front end...houser long travel pro series with pep zps
maxxis razr mx
gusseted frame
rear end-07 swinger, dc-6 linkage, pep zps
motor-hot rods crank, stock rod, 13:1 cp piston, crf450 cam, new cam chain, new 3rd and four gear, both shifting forks, and some other trani stuff, and new vavle springs
OMF superlites wheels

so does this sound good for motorcross
i know it will be better than before cuz i had an ishock front end, and a couple things here and there...but thats pretty much it

dehner47
08-13-2009, 07:42 AM
dude, you'll be set to tear up a mx track with that set up. post up some pics when its complete. should be bad@$$:D

Lquad71
08-13-2009, 09:38 AM
will do!
i am trying to get money for some front plastic and a hood so dont leave bad comments about the front plastic.haha. but it should be done soon...we are only waiting for the motor and dont know how soon that wil be done.

JessetheKid
08-13-2009, 04:49 PM
wouldnt hurt to check out your valve seats and guides, along with your clutch. Just some normal maintenance stuff

BlaineKaiser450
08-13-2009, 05:53 PM
thatll be a good combo for sure!

Lquad71
08-16-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by JessetheKid
wouldnt hurt to check out your valve seats and guides, along with your clutch. Just some normal maintenance stuff

i just recently put in a new honda friction plates and springs in the clutch so the clutch should be fine and i will check out everything on the valves..thanks for the help