View Full Version : new Typhoon 90 restrictions ?

moore700r
08-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Just got my sons new 90 today its out of the crate and together now for the Questions
1. how do i add 3rd and 4th gear ?
2. what other restrictions can or should be removed ?

thanks in advance
Donnie

lem dad
08-12-2009, 07:32 PM
PMed you

Chris@ RowlandsMotorsports

moore700r
08-12-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks Pmed back

lem dad
08-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Info is on the way If there is anything else you need let us know

Rowlands Motorsports
Dylan 03

moore700r
08-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Thank's I appreciate your help, I owe you one,I coudnt find anything concrete on the internet that would help me.

Oh my son thought this was ironic his Name is ZANE.

thanks again
Donnie

guenther
08-13-2009, 10:28 PM
You guys going to share the knowledge or what?

moore700r
08-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Im more than willing to Help as soon as I get the information he is sending me .as of yet im still in the dark.

lem dad
08-14-2009, 04:23 PM
hey gunther pm me with an address and I will help you out

drxracing
08-14-2009, 07:19 PM
Why hide the info ???? I thought that's what the froum was for ????

Ride1Rob
08-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by drxracing
Why hide the info ???? I thought that's what the froum was for ????

+2 :ermm:

190banshee
08-14-2009, 08:17 PM
As a new Typhoon owner there are a few things I would recommend right off. First if you got this bike crated check every nut and bolt on the bike. I've had (3) 125's and they all had loose bolts out of the crate. There is a extension from the outter tie rod end to the spindle steering arm held on with 2 allen bolts. Locktite the allen bolts they come loose if you don't. There is also a set screw in the front of the steering shaft, locktite it as well.
The swing arm pivot bolt has no grease on it from the factory and there are plastic bushings in there. My son wore out the bushings in a few months on our first bike, when I got the replacement parts I used a moly grease on it and all our other bikes since and we haven't had anymore wear out in over two years of racing.
All the 125's I've had came lean on the pilot jet, I don't know about the 90 but I went up 2.5 on the pilot on our stock bikes and they were much better off the line.
The bike is going to be hard to shift at first until the trans gets broken in. It will get better with use. What I found that helps at first is once the bike is good and warm set the idle just above where it's stumbling on itself, just enough to keep it running and have your son roll off the gas when he shifts. It takes a lot of riding to break it in but once it is, you can bump up the idle and it will shift smooth.
Those are the basics we did with our stock bikes, they are 125's but I think the same principles apply. Once your ready to start modding there's tons to be done.
Hope this helps.
Rich

lem dad
08-14-2009, 08:27 PM
not hiding anything I have tips from Xtreme and will get copys to anyone that it will help mostly on 4th gear the mods I have done to my sons typhoon might be a diff story one thing I will state is the Typhoon is a good quad it does have some bugs most are minor and easy to fix keep in mind the DRR and Apex also have bugs and cost a lot more bucks I have less in 2 quads than some of the ones Dylan races with and I could not tell you how many times he has been called a cheater because he is on a typhoon and he beat a 2 stroke you can win on a 4 stroke
Hey Robb on your frame weld it togeather at top stem and plate it also weld subframe at rear

Rowlands Motorsports
Dylan 03

guenther
08-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the info Rich and lem dad. I've got the 4th gear pin in already so I'm good to go on that. I didn't know if there were any other more or less stock upgrades besides changing the air cleaner and taking out the plug in the end of the pipe.

190banshee
08-14-2009, 10:06 PM
I forgot when I said the bikes are lean, we're at sea level. Of course if your at elevation that will be different.

Rich

drxracing
08-15-2009, 01:48 AM
You know I didn't mean to start any drama with the post but you were pm n the info he just ask for a simple tranny issue that other new members would like to know about every body is going to have differnt issue on what is better but its what the kid feels confertable with you know what i mean don't let the name fool you Any way don't for get to change the plastic pegs that was the 1st thing that broke off ours

moore700r
08-15-2009, 06:34 AM
Could somone clue me in on the third-fourth gear Pin ?

moore700r
08-15-2009, 02:58 PM
nevermind got the info from lem dad today didnt get the fourth gear pin with the atv guess ill call xtreme monday...so my son is mad still no third or fouth gear!

guenther
08-15-2009, 04:41 PM
You'll never get an answer from Xtreme, believe me I've tried. You'll need to contact they guy you got the bike from or an Xtreme dealer.

Scout99
04-18-2010, 10:33 AM
Can anyone share the 3/4th gear conversion for the 2007 Typhoon 90? Thanks for your help.

bl35
04-18-2010, 09:06 PM
It is easy to install a pin to get 4 th gear . If you need help pm me

turbo j
05-10-2010, 09:58 AM
On the subject of restrictions. My son rides an xtreme 70 and I need some more power out of it. I was curious this weekend about the bulge in the exhaust pipe that is right on the side of the motor. I took a long piece of wire and shoved it in the end of the tail pipe. I stops right at that bulge. I am thinking about cutting open the pipe to see what that is (Spark arrestor?). Based on the design of the stock pipe I don't see how an aftermarket pipe would help much. It seems like a pretty free flowing design.

Any thoughts on this before I cut it open. I will of course reweld it together.

There is also also something in the pipe closer to the cylinder that seems like some kind of EGR valve. Anybody know what that is?