PDA

View Full Version : Motor Vibrations

Newbie400ex
01-09-2003, 05:28 PM
My quad vibrates like crazy. It makes my **** hard going down the road. Is this normal?(the vibrations :)) It has done it since I bought it new a couple of months ago. It can't be good since harmonic vibrations reduce power output. Does everyone elses ex vibrate? Maybe something wrong with counterbalances or something? Hmmmmm....

hawiianpwr
01-09-2003, 05:31 PM
how fast are you going when it starts?

Newbie400ex
01-09-2003, 05:39 PM
It vibrates pretty much throughout the rpm range. It's definately rpm related and not speed related. It vibrates like crazy when I rev it a little in neutral too.

01-09-2003, 05:44 PM
How long have you had it and if its new then Honda forgot something which nocked it off balance or you could have got it really hot and bent a rod or something!

Newbie400ex
01-09-2003, 05:47 PM
I've had it about two months. The vibrations were one of the first things I noticed about it when I first rode it. I had ridden a couple of other quads (4x4's) and they didn't vibrate near as much. I don't think I've ever had it too hot.

wilkin250r
01-09-2003, 06:33 PM
If you've had it a few months, go ask whoever you got it from. Is it new, still under warrenty?

My girlfriend has one, it doesn't vibrate. I bet she'd trade ya, she likes them vibrating ones...

Newbie400ex
01-09-2003, 06:53 PM
lol. Yeah, I got the extended warranty and everything. From the reactions I have already gotten I plan to take it back to the dealer tomorrow. This may be the reason it seems to fall on its face when the r's get up there. This sux though 'cause I know they are gonna want to fix it and that will take a while. I don't know if I can live without riding almost everyday:(

hawiianpwr
01-09-2003, 08:10 PM
my 400 vibrates alittle but cant really tell after i got the new double wall azonic bars. I recommend them they are sweet bars!

Newbie400ex
01-10-2003, 04:38 PM
Errrr... bump

HiperEX
01-10-2003, 10:30 PM
first of all i would say check to see if you have a missing motor mount or the mount bolts are loose that can really cause ti to vibrate have someone ride along with u side by side and tell then to watch when u shift and if the motor tilts as u shift its a missing motor mount or even a cracked frame. same thing happend to my cousins warrior the mounts were broke so we just got out the torch and a sheet of metal and made identical mounts worked for us so this my give u some advice hope u find the problem out

Newbie400ex
01-11-2003, 09:56 AM
Well, I took it to the dealer today. The head tech there tried to tell me that all big bores vibrate like that (he didn't even sit on it). I know that to be false because by wifes cousin has a 450 Foreman and it barely vibrates at all. He kept it there anyway and I told him to compare it to another 400ex that they have there. I mean a little vibration is to be expected but not the butt numbing vibration mine has. I guess just because I'm new to quads means I'm a dumb@$$. :huh Oh well, thanks for all your input.

phatswinn
01-11-2003, 04:50 PM
have him call a engine builder and ask the head builder what they think it is, and ull find urself with full service from the dealer..

Newbie400ex
01-12-2003, 11:48 AM
Bump