PDA

View Full Version : Front Brake Cable

matt14c
08-12-2009, 03:31 PM
I just put taller handlebars on and the main front brake cable is about 2-3 inches too short. Is there another cable maybe from a 250ex or recon or something that fits this? I see that the newer cables have a different part number and are about half the price any chance that they are a little longer?

matt14c
08-13-2009, 10:14 AM
For anyone that has had this problem or is about to. Call Motion Pro cables. They have the setup ready for this and can make it as long or short as you want.

Birddogg
08-13-2009, 07:02 PM
How much did they charge for the extended cable? I put a set of taller/wider aluminum Moose bars on the kid's TRX90 a while back and I'm having the same issue. I have to run the brake adjustment real loose and mount the brake perch in an uncomfortable position or the brakes will drag severely every time you make a left turn.

matt14c
08-13-2009, 07:23 PM
It was about $40. Yea almost double the factory one but I needed it and for all the things we do to these things an extra $20 for an important safety item was a no brainer. They add as much as you need I had 4 inches added. Just call and ask them about it. The only other way I have found is some people have moved the unit up. Where all three cables meet because there is room for the lowers. But I dont have any thing to do that sort of mod at all. A couple guys made a plate that moved the mounting hole up about 3 inches or so. They just took a plate of steel popped 4 holes in it two to mount in the current holes on the frame and then two holes to mount the bracket to. So that is an option also I guess if you have the means to do so. I needed some new cables anyhow so bout time I bought a factory cable then some steel plate and figured it all out it was much easier and should be alot nicer the way I will have it.