PDA

View Full Version : Anyone run Pep rebuilds?

Snipe
08-12-2009, 09:05 AM
I am wanting to replace my rear susp. I just got my works triple rates with remote rezzies and love them but now it makes the rear seem like total crap.

I am thinking pep rebuild on the rear does anyone run pep rebuilds? Are they way better than the rear shock or should I just buy a totally aftermarket shock.

procircuit406ex
08-12-2009, 01:54 PM
send it to JET suspensions, GT Thunder, or Moto-xperts

Snipe
08-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Well the thing is I know a guy who has a OEM rear that has been rebuilt by PEP. So im wanting to know basiclly if there a good build or would I be better off getting mine done by someone els. I would really love to have a double rate or triple rate rear but hey its cheap and only riddin a few times after rebuild.

loboboy
08-12-2009, 07:58 PM
pep has the best valving IMO. i have never ridden a rebuild but call Baldwin Motorsports and talk to Mark and ask him but i would highly suggest PEP all the way.

Snipe
08-13-2009, 11:00 AM
I might have to call him. I am just wanting something better than my OEM rear for XC riding but I dont wanna buy something and wish I had spent a bit more for a better one. I am also looking into elka as well.

NacsMXer
08-13-2009, 12:35 PM
I've run the PEP ZPS rear conversion for a while. Mines been revalved/rebuilt about 3 times now. Has performed extremely well, you won't be disappointed. Call up Baldwin Motorsports or SF Racing.

400ex28
08-13-2009, 02:17 PM
I ran a PEP rebuild on the rear for a season of racing and it did awesome a big improvement over factory.

Snipe
08-13-2009, 03:06 PM
Awesome thanks alot, I might just have to get this shock. He is only askin like $170 for it. But im also watching a couple other shocks there is a works that match my front for $250 and a couple elka's that are cheap as of now. But I will prob just end up with the pep. As its pretty cheap and would most likely be better than the work's and cheaper than what the elka will bring lol.

Snipe
08-15-2009, 10:15 AM
So if you had to choose between Works single rate spring with remote rezzie for the rear or a OEM rebuilt by baldwin into a PEP shock same single rate spring just a piggy back rezzie. what would you buy?

NacsMXer
08-15-2009, 03:11 PM
PEP conversion by a long shot. I've had Works on my quad before. They are a nice improvement over stock, but just aren't on the same level of performance as PEP.

Snipe
08-15-2009, 10:13 PM
Alright, That should do it for me then. Its cheaper as well. I was worried about the works front's but for XC style the 250R works are awesome on the 400.