PDA

View Full Version : can am rider support program

candy-am
08-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Need to here from other Can Am rider suport riders. I am signed up for the rider support program. I thought $1000.00 parts credit was given to the riders that are on this. I needed to order some parts because of a crash. My dealer said I get $585.00 of no charge parts and the rest I pay a discount off of the retail prices to make up the rest of the $1000.00. Is this the way it works? Also my MX model did not come with a tether cord as it is listed that it does. It shows this tether cord in the owners manual but my dealer said it does not come with it and I have to buy it. Am I getting hosed??? Like to here from you.

ProspectorJim
08-11-2009, 11:50 PM
The rider support offers UP TO $1000, so they won't necessarily give you the full amount. The tether killswitch was taken off right before the 2009's hit the showroom floor, I don't recall why though.

blaster99
08-12-2009, 07:10 AM
I got the full thousand in parts credit. I wonder why they did it that way.

Foxstar45
08-12-2009, 08:16 AM
I had a quad already when i got the suport program so i didn't get any parts credit. What was supposed to happen was you get a $1000 parts credit but you have to pay retail. This is because the dealer only actually gets $600 and there is about 40% mark up on parts. In other words you get $600 worth of parts at cost.
This was my understanding anyways.

craigmacphee
08-12-2009, 09:03 AM
No tether cord here either. I bought mine for $30. I received a $1,000 credit from BRP to be used on full retail purchases from my dealer. As stated above, that's the deal. If your dealer is only giving you part of that, he is hosing you.

xrxmxcx
08-12-2009, 09:27 AM
The $600 is correct. If you read his post he says he gets $600 of "no charge" and the $400 remaining at discount. Assuming the dealer is giving him the $600 near dealer cost, and he is still maintaining a discount after that he is making out pretty good.

I love how one bad relationship with a Can-am dealer with a member sparks all sorts of controversy when they hear about other dealerships.

Your best bet is to know the program YOURSELF, and don't get hosed by the dealership. Tell them how it works and what you want! They are there to listen, and learn!

xrxmxcx
08-12-2009, 09:29 AM
$1000 retail is the same as $600 dealer cost.

comander420
08-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Foxstar what did you get then for signing up for the program after you already bought the quad? Was is still under warranty when you signed up? I have been trying to get in, I signed up like 2 weeks after I bought the quad but I can't get any response from my dealer or BRP racer support and it has been 3 weeks.

Foxstar45
08-12-2009, 01:04 PM
I still had BEST powertrain warranty (not anymore) I got the Stage 1 kit and I was able to get the 75% off the axel, a arms and shocks (stuff you don't need if you bought the MX) you can probably get the same thing if they ever get back to you but you will likely not get the $500 off the quad deal since they sold it to you already. Have you e-mailed the BRP race team about this?

comander420
08-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Yes, I emailed them twice. I'm going to fax them a letter about how pleased I am with my dealer and how great they are about getting back to people. So you pretty much traded your warranty for the stage 1 kit and that was it? What about the $1k in retail parts? I thought on the 08 x it was $1k off the price? The $500-1000 back for the price would be nice but not a deal breaker. The stage 1 and the $1k in parts would do the trick for me.

craigmacphee
08-12-2009, 02:39 PM
xrxmxcx:

You are assuming every dealer has the same mark up and every part is marked up 40%. That just is not true. If YOU know the deal, you would know it clearly states $1000 in the paperwork. I just re-checked my paperwork to make sure.

And....has there only been 1 person here dis-pleased with their dealer or BRP?

xrxmxcx
08-12-2009, 06:30 PM
I do know the deal, and the DEAL is based on relative markup and BRP as a company has a RELATIVE markup of approximately 40% on most parts and accessories. Look into your paperwork, and you will read that they give you $1000 RETAIL VALUE parts.

Candy-am stated that he got $585.00 of parts, meaning it had a RELATIVE markup of 40%, maybe a little more due to it not bieng spot on with 40%. Assuming the dealership knew what they were selling they met there retail value of $1000, and told Candy-am that he had spent what came to $585.00/dealer cost, or $1000 retail cost.

I work at a BRP dealership and have a little more insight into the Can-am Racer Support Program than most, but that's all thanks to the great networking and backing that the NEATV-MX series has and the great people I know from fellow dealerships in our area and our rep's aswell!

Thank you!

candy-am
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
No the dealer charged me full retal price on the parts for the first $585.00 Now he said he discounts the rest. Any Cam am dear would work with a buyer if they bought the quad from them and discount parts. So I feel i'm not getting $1000.00 worth of parts as listed??

xrxmxcx
08-12-2009, 08:17 PM
If that's the case hes doing his math backwards and your making out better!

craigmacphee
08-12-2009, 09:04 PM
That's exactly right. He is trying to make out better on his end but he is a dumb *** and doing his math backwards. Here is what it states...Not brain surgery by any means!

"A racer who is approved, and purchases a DS 450 in the program timeframe, will receive a one-year Can-Am X-Team Membership card with unique racer ID giving access to a $1,000 racer discount on any new or unused 2008 DS 450 or a $500 on any new or unused 2009 model and a $1,000 X-Team Racer parts account. The approved racer will also receive a FREE X-Team Stage 1 Racing kit (up to a $1,000 value). This kit (Racing Engine Control Module, Motoworks SR4 aluminum slip-on silencer, and other factory-developed racing items) brings the crank horsepower of the DS 450 to 50 hp - an improvement of 11 percent on stock - while considerably increasing low end torque"

Rather than just doing it how the program outlines, he's trying to work the system to his advantage.

Anyway, I hope you like your new quad. Once you put on the exhaust, and do the other mods, you will have one screaming 450. Craig