PDA

View Full Version : carb slide drr90, Help

RapKor
08-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Re-did the top end on my sons 08 90 l/c , Motor was built (ported/polished) at Kool Kids. Has Keihin 24 carb. While it was apart I also re did the clutch ( new 1500 ZTR spring new rollers new black malossi dog springs. My buddy is a certified BRP master tech and a whiz on snowmobiles, he helped me do the top end, while we were installing the carb he noticed the slide did not open all the way (75%), he adjusted the cable so the slide went all the way up. We finihed it up rant it through two heat cycles and tried to run it on the stand to check the clutch set up, bike did not want to engage, sounded like it was sucking air at wot, shut it down and noticed alot of leakage around the pipe, am thinking that it needs a new gasket but am wondering if the adjustment we made to the carb could also be a problem? Does anyone know if the slide should only open 75% or all the way. also I do not have another exhaust gasket, anyone ever make one? If so how? Have a race this weekend and we will have to order the gasket may not be here in time. Thanks alot in advance.

mudder700
08-11-2009, 07:20 PM
high temp RTV will work for the gasket,our slides open up full at WOT, just make sure when you let off they go all the way closed..