PDA

View Full Version : Worn Cam

RoadRage77
08-11-2009, 02:34 PM
How many of you guys replaced your aftermarcket cams ? After 5-6 years, my TC cam and rocker arms are finally wasted. I'm just curious how long some of you guys have gone with aftermarket cams before replacing them. Also, The shop I use said they use Sparks and WEB cams now, so i ordered a SPARKS cam. Anybody using them? whats your thoughs on them vs. the TC cams? I really liked how that TC cam hit. The guy was telling me that WEB cam makes a real radical cam that cost about 400 bucks plus you need to get the hardened rockers. So that would put me down around 800 bucks. I just decided I dont ride enough any more so go top of the line way. Still I paid 200$ for the Sparks cam.
IN case u wanna know mods...
x-6 pipe,
39mm carb
plus 1 valves,ported n polished
440 13-1 plus head miled down... so might even be 14-1..
110 -116 octane
not stroked , yet.

brokenmike
08-12-2009, 05:48 AM
I have had my Hot cams old stage 2 in my quad for 7 almost 8 years with stock rocker arms. I havent adjusted my valves in almost 2 years. I check them and they are within spec.

killer400ex
08-12-2009, 12:03 PM
i had a stage 1 for about 5 years and nothing wore down, i recently sold it and replaced it with a stage 2 for more power out of the bore job and some other things, but neither of them have worn down and the rockers are still in good condition, and i beat mine like nobody's business