PDA

View Full Version : flat spot/ Jetting help

richh789
08-11-2009, 10:53 AM
I just got an 89 warrior off of a budy of mine. Problem i am having is that after giving it alot of gas, it falls on its face with a huge flat spot. If you gradually accelerate, it goes ok. I figured it was jetted wrong. THe clip was in the lowes position when i got it. I put the clip in the middle. Seemed better, but not even close to 100%. Main jet is 150, pilot is 42.5. Has dg pipe and k&N filter. He never rode it after installing the pipe. Snorkel is still on too. The carb had a little residue from sitting for years, i clean it out (without blowing out jets) And poured a full bottle of some really good carb cleaner in it. I never wrode it befor cleaning carb and adding the cleaner. Could it be that the cleaner is really strong making run too lean?

It falls on its face so hard it is almost like you shut off the switch. Took it for a few laps around the block, seemed to get slightly better. Let me know what you guys think.

ALso, how much should the rod on the accel pump move, only moves maybe 1/4"

headache
08-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Heres what the specs are for the carb from a clymer manual.

42.5 pilot, 145 main, needle on 3rd postion from top, pilot screw 1 1/4 turns out. Float height at 1/2". Honestly your jetting should be fine, you may just have some trash in the carb. I'd take it off and clean it good by taking the jets out and cleaning with compressed air. I'm not sure how much the accelerator pump arm should move.. Hope this helps

richh789
08-15-2009, 05:34 PM
thanks, i poured a bottle of carb cleaner (B-12) into a full tank, after i run this tank out i am going to dissasemble the carb and clean it . Thanks for the input, warrior carb is new to me, used to simple two stroke carbs.

headache
08-15-2009, 07:31 PM
i hear ya! that carb has a bunch of stuff in it lol. I had a 2000 warrior for a while and i put an hmf pipe on it and it came with a main jet for it, and i was careful not to mess with anything else in there... I'm a 2stroke man too.