PDA

View Full Version : Help

fordman125
08-11-2009, 10:25 AM
It seems as thoe i have destroyed the head on my 2005 400ex and im hoping that there is some one out there that can help me out and tell me what years interchange on my 4 wheeler i would hate to buy the wrong head and head cover.

my plan for the rebuild is a 416 kit and a stage 2 hot cam any input there would be great to thanks

hondarace83
08-11-2009, 10:55 AM
So why not just buy a new head?

matt14c
08-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Im not 100% but about 95% sure that all the top ends are the same its just the trans that change for the reverse.

The setup you are thinking about is a great and very popular setup. You should be able to get alot of help with it if needed. Its dependable if done right and doesnt give the heating or head stud issues like the larger bore kits do.

bigbad400
08-11-2009, 11:58 AM
they all interchange. i strongly suggest having your valves done professionally with good springs and good valves. if you torched the motor the valves took abuse... last week i had an exhaust valve break and send aluminum chunks all through the motor.... dont push your luck on a new motor like that... i now need head rockers cylinder piston valves cam cam chain... prolly some other **** too id imagine. its gonna be a 440 now thow.

fordman125
08-11-2009, 01:12 PM
ya i need a new head and cam and rockers they are all chewed up to looks like the top end was not getting oil for some reason i dont know if i lost a pump? or what might have happen i bought it new in 2005 and never did anything to the motor till now its got duel pipes on it and a k&n and a diffrent jet in the carb it always ran well right up to a week or so before it just died :(

fordman125
08-12-2009, 10:07 AM
so i guess my big or new question now is what are the little things that i would forget with this rebuild i dont want to miss anything and mess this new motor up can i change the piston and rings with out splitting the case