PDA

View Full Version : Itp Blackwaters?

02Yellow400
01-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Anyone in here used them? I know there fairly in the 20 x 12 x 9. Anyone know anything about them? Will i notice a big loss in power because of the weight? I ride in NJ alot...Alot of soft sand hill climbs and hard pack dirt. I have a yosh pipe and plan on doing alot more once the money comes along...Thanks.

nacs400ex
01-09-2003, 04:42 PM
I would think they are a little too agressive, because they grab so much. Maybe if you fooled around with different sprockets it would work ?? I would just get some Razrs, or if you want a mud/sand type tire, maybe look into some spidertraks??

01-09-2003, 04:51 PM
I have Blackwaters on my 6x6, and it snaps chains like crazy, I would imagine they wreak havoc on the 400EX drivetrain..

JTRtrx250r
01-09-2003, 08:33 PM
they are very aggressive and make it hard to slide at times,and very heavy:eek:

02Yellow400
01-09-2003, 11:05 PM
thanks i appreciate it...spidertracks and realotrs are what i have been looking at....But i dont want to put a 22 inch tire on my quad. Thats the only reason i have been looking at these blackwaters. I had ITP holeshots before and they were great..Just not so much what i was looking for on the soft sand hill climbs....If you have any more info that would be great. I mean the new sizes being offered in 20 x 12 x 9....even though they are aggresive i cant see them snapping chains... but im sure you guys know more then I..

02Yellow400
01-09-2003, 11:18 PM
oh yeah....i know you guys are looking at that part that says "soft sand hill climbs" and thinking...why dont you get a paddle tire. Thats because i ride to much hard pack and pavement occasionally... And just because i am new doesnt mean i dont know anything. I am just kinda new to the four stroke game...I have had a 2 stroke and can tare one apart and rebuild it with my eyes closed. Im just not sure how bad these tires are going to take power away from me. I mean am not racing MX so is it really going to make that much of a differnce if I add a few pounds to each side? I am just trying to do my research and not get the same tire that everyone has..the damn maxxis and the ITP holeshot. Im not a MXer and im not a GNCC racer. I am just your average joe that is out to play in the mud hard pack and whatever else i can amuse myself on. Thats why im not seriously concerned with weight issues.

And somebody said that they snapped chains on thier 6 x 6 with these tires...Well where those chains meant for the things you were doing with it?

Any input is greatly appreciated..

And 2000 celica GT-S for sale in PA lots of mods....Let me know if you are intrested..HA

Stunz
01-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by 02Yellow400
...spidertracks and realotrs are what i have been looking at......Just not so much what i was looking for on the soft sand hill climbs....If you have any more info that would be great. I mean the new sizes being offered in 20 x 12 x 9....

I've run my 400EX with 20" Razrs against a Warrior with Realtors from a dead-stop up soft-hill climbs. I beat the Realtor-wearing Warrior to the top every time and made it to the top every time. The Realtor bike got stuck on the hill half the time. The Realtors are just to heavy. Part of his problem was he couldn't get the tires spinning fast enough. The weight of the tires bogged the motor down.

If you have your heart set on big looking tires, then check out Gators. They are light for there size. I rode with two Raptors that had the 22" Gators and they went up many steep hills and threw a lot of mud in mud bogs. Then again, there bicks were modified so spinning the tires were no problem.

01-11-2003, 08:49 AM
All I was doing on the 6 wheeler was farting around. It is a skidsteer, so that puts more stess on the chains, but the chains are beastly, over an inch wide..

I ride in sand/powerlines, and run Holeshot XCs. They work great for hills as well as sliding..

nacs400ex
01-11-2003, 10:18 AM
I run razr's and they work good for sandy hill climbs. Just because everyone has razrs or holseshots doesnt mean you shouldnt get them. If you want to be different.. well you might not get as good of a tire.

JMO
Craig