PDA

View Full Version : Who Builds Best ??????

RIPIN IT
08-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Just wondering who you guys recomend to build a super FAST cvt (90) PLEASE HELP!!!! thanks 4 the comments:ermm: :ermm:

mini racer #39
08-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Billy Holt has and will always build the fastest cvt motors ,call Billy Holt at WRH racing.(251)675-9906

raidernut
08-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Tommy Alley TA Porting

cutting edge technology

469 348 4988

marsrace2
08-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Billy Holt and Tommy Alley both have very good reputations and I have heard nothing but good about them. I have a motor with a Billy Holt cylinder and Billy has always been very helpful and willing to help when I needed. Marc at Hotquads also builds some serious motors. I think you would be happy with any of these 3 I have mentioned, I have spoken with and dealt with all of them and they are all very helpful. For me I believe the help and service after the motor is built is just as important as how good the motor is.

I now use Trackside performance for all my engine work but that is because he is local to me and I dont need to send my stuff accross the country to get it done.

RIPIN IT
08-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I just wanna spend my money wisely, but on the other hand want a very competitave fast motor thanks alot guys

racer999
08-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Cheater Motorsport builds a fast bike also if you are looking for someone in Florida.

lon
08-22-2009, 07:23 AM
Ron Kersey owner of RC motorsports can build a fast mini. I don't know if he is still doing that though. He's located in Brookeville In

RIPIN IT
08-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks to all who gave some input just know money is geting harder to come by and dnt want to waste money THANKS ALOT:) :) :) :)

don bassani
08-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Hetrick racing!!!my cvt70 is real fast!ask anyone at nationals about #40 quad.rich gives me excellent service and keeps me up to date with new performance tips. 814 676 0477

coffing918
08-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by don bassani
Hetrick racing!!!my cvt70 is real fast!ask anyone at nationals about #40 quad.rich gives me excellent service and keeps me up to date with new performance tips. 814 676 0477

I AGREE/// HETRICK

JAG Motosports
08-24-2009, 08:58 PM
I'd give Marc @ Hot Quads a call. His quads are at the top in the Nationals. He builds fast bikes and gives great tech support . Good people!

edwardsp&b
08-25-2009, 06:19 AM
from what ive read you cant go wrong with most of these builders, but IMO Marc @ Hot Quads is the man! service is worth every penny!
bryan

LT80
08-25-2009, 07:34 AM
That Moore guy builds good motors too!

RIPIN IT
08-26-2009, 03:26 PM
How is that sms motor cheesman? How many races have u been to this year?:)

marsrace2
08-26-2009, 04:51 PM
Toby, what RPM is that 11.8 tq at?

RIPIN IT
08-26-2009, 06:44 PM
was u racing at national level races or should i say what competetion was your motor put up against?Just curious how sms motors are doing compared to national built motors from other people THANKS ALOT:)

RIPIN IT
08-26-2009, 06:52 PM
SORRY THIS IS MIKE !!!

RIPIN IT
08-26-2009, 06:58 PM
Didnt say nothing bad about SMS easy just curious

TRI-Z3
08-26-2009, 09:20 PM
B I L L Y H O L T .

Logan #34's Dad
08-27-2009, 11:41 AM
For Motocross: The two fastest AND most consistant 90cc motors this year at the AMA-ATV Nationals were #21 - Harper built by Billy Holt and #88 - Thompson built by Ron Cersey (RC Motorsports). Hands down! With that being said, Erik Havert - IMO - had the fastest 90cc also under the WRH banner. The other two mentioned above were just the two best riders.
Harper was usually the 1st to turn one unless Haverts dad nailed the set up on his quad and then it was Havert. With Thomson hot on their heels.
As you can see in my signature, I'm a Hot Quads guy and Marc is working on a hot package so only the future will tell.

raptorobbie
08-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Ripin It, I'll give you my non-racer 2cents about SMS

I totally agree w/ Toby, Shawn (SMS) rebuilt my kids 90, installed a pipe and tuned the cvt and "tweaked" some things. I almost didnt feel right putting my kid on the bike b/c of the speed and power it now had. He dynoed it and showed me the results of what he did to our bike versus what he's capable of doing, and that was another huge leap in speed and power!

Probably the biggest thing is, he's fair and honest about what he does and can do for you - and takes care of us even though we're "non-racer" customers! Go w/ SMS and you wont be dissapointed - I have recommended him to several people and all are very satisfied! Good Luck!

mini racer #39
08-27-2009, 12:48 PM
First of all Thanks Rocky! Thank you for noticing. Next year will be different for us also. All new year and a whole new game plan.... Good Luck #34 in the off season. Second; not sure who Ripin is but we'll be at North Webster (Trojan Raceway) this weekend for the Indiana State Race. Want info about it let me know. You can see the WRH Racing motor at this race:).
Jerry

dazed&confused
08-28-2009, 06:40 AM
it doesn't matter who builds your motor, if you don't have a 2fast or a molassi big bore you won't keep up ! look at the last 4 races in the nationals ,most of the top 10 were running one or the other.and from what i understand ,from the engine builders i have talked to ,the 2fast is a bolt on kit ,with crazy power! it is the clutching and the rider that will take you to a championship.jmo

with that being said i don't think you can go wrong with any of these motor builders ,i have met or talked to people that have delt with all of them and they all have one or two quads that are fast and very competitive in the national ranks.

imo i would try and find one of these guys that is some what close to your location,it will make things alot easier when you can take your quad right to the builder and test ,so they can see it first hand also.

good luck in your desision,

LT80
08-28-2009, 06:56 AM
"it is the clutching and the rider that will take you to a championship.jmo

with that being said i don't think you can go wrong with any of these motor builders ,i have met or talked to people that have delt with all of them and they all have one or two quads that are fast and very competitive in the national ranks."

The rider..Imagine that!
That is a common sence reply. Every one of us can build a national calibur motor.
Good job Dazed!

marsrace2
08-28-2009, 08:11 AM
Toby, we race flat track and TT and it isnt just motor it is just as much cornering and who can ride.

mini racer #39
08-28-2009, 08:14 AM
OK AMEN about the rider....I agree it is about time that the rider gets some of the credit and not just the motor builder. I have seen kids with extremely fast motors but without the right rider you are going nowhere. Cheeseman what ya doing this weekend? Come on up to the Indiana State race and hang out....See what some of these other motor builders motors and riders are like. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with SMS but look at some of the others and give them a fair shake too....rah, rah, sis boom bah....:rolleyes:
Erik's Mommy

mini racer #39
08-28-2009, 08:55 AM
We are going to Trojan Raceway located in North Webster Indiana....all the info and directions at on these sites...

www.readsracing.com or check out www.amadistrict15.org

dazed&confused
08-28-2009, 09:14 AM
The rider..Imagine that!
That is a common sence reply. Every one of us can build a national calibur motor.
Good job Dazed! [/B][/QUOTE]

confused? do you agree with me or are you being sacastic?

dazed&confused
08-28-2009, 09:18 AM
I am not saying that there is anything wrong with SMS but look at some of the others and give them a fair shake too....rah, rah, sis boom bah....:rolleyes:
Erik's Mommy [/B][/QUOTE]

LMAO!! Bobby that a good one!

LT80
08-28-2009, 03:19 PM
Dazed&confused:: No sarcasm at all. :)

An example::
twas 01 or 02 I think, at Orrville. Angela nosed into a tire in the first corner of the first lap. The result was that she was in a distant last place.
She passed all the other riders (that's right-> passed in a TT race), caught the leader and won the race.
They all had fast motors. :D :D

Sparky D
08-30-2009, 11:59 PM
How about Chris Grissom? Haven't heard to much about him yet. I've seen one of his motors run at a flat track event that was very fast.

As far as Marc at Hot quads, he does have great customer seervice.

LT80
08-31-2009, 09:39 AM
"I dont think WRH won against Zach lol. Hetricks no way close,"
"what the HELL is everyone thinking"

I'm thinking a cpl things..Like maybe you still don't understand that it's the rider.
Where you read those results? I noticed you didn't make 1 national....:devil: :D

And Sparky is correct. Chris Grissom is nothing less than a great motor builder. He was building CVT motors when we didn't know what a belt was. LOL

airmobile101
08-31-2009, 09:55 AM
I got a National built GY6 based 50cc engine:D :devil: Does that add value to my sons bike!!!!!:D

LT80
08-31-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by airmobile101
I got a National built GY6 based 50cc engine:D :devil: Does that add value to my sons bike!!!!!:D

Yes it does!!!
It's the FMF pipe and the TCS shocks that are making the DVX value go down. :devil: :devil:

08-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Ok I think I got it. So if I go buy my son a brand new DRR and go to the nationals we should place in the top three since its the rider and not the motor that's all I want to know??

mini racer #39
08-31-2009, 10:42 AM
"I dont think WRH won against Zach lol. Hetricks no way close,"
"what the HELL is everyone thinking"

Not trying to argue with you but the lap times say different. Hunter had a couple bad races and not sure if anyone knows but Hunter broke his arm @ Red Bud....The points chase came down to there and Loretta's....I can say that if Hunter's arm wasn't broke...the turn out at Red Bud and Loretta's would have been different...Just look at the times....Both of those boys are great riders...There is no denying that. But injuries played a BIG factor in the outcome....

LT80
08-31-2009, 10:51 AM
"Ok I think I got it. So if I go buy my son a brand new DRR and go to the nationals we should place in the top three since its the rider and not the motor that's all I want to know??"

It could happen. Altho, nobody shows up at a national in stock form. We all come built to the hilt and for the most part equal. That's why we say "it's the rider".
I'd rather you take your fully built machine and let your rider decide the rest. That's what it's all about.
Sorry if I hit a nerve.

08-31-2009, 10:53 AM
I know Billy Holt builds one mean mini. But what I'm trying to tell people its not all the rider. You have to have a motor and clutching to stay in front and the rider has to keep it there. Its both. If the rider is good on a stock quad will he win against a rider that's just not as good but pulls the holeshot and just stays in front with the power of the motorand clutching done right? Motocross is different than flat track. You pin it till its over never letting off. If your in front you will win so you have to have a well set up clutch and motor to pull you down the track. I'm over it but this is my last 5 post on this stupid subject.

08-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Who builds a competive motor? Where does it say anything about the rider? They want a motor that has the exact horse and torque as everybody else on the field then the rider takes over correct? That's how I was looking at it. I was answeing the question correctly.

dblacks
08-31-2009, 11:29 AM
this is really a crazy thread.....

:rolleyes:

08-31-2009, 11:30 AM
THANK YOU DBLACKS.

dblacks
08-31-2009, 11:46 AM
cheese your not excluded from that comment :eek: :D

08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for not ruling me out DBlacks. I speak my mind and always will.

#404's Dad
08-31-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by dblacks
this is really a crazy thread.....

:rolleyes:

I'm with you man. http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/smileyvault-popcorn.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

mini racer #39
08-31-2009, 12:18 PM
hehehe

marsrace2
08-31-2009, 12:22 PM
LMAO

08-31-2009, 12:26 PM
Roflmao!!!!

dblacks
08-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by #8trx450r
I'm with you man. http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/smileyvault-popcorn.gif (http://www.smileyvault.com/)

LMAO

I was going to use the popcorn smiley but couldnt find it.

#404's Dad
08-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by dblacks
LMAO

I was going to use the popcorn smiley but couldnt find it.

LOL http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1947.gif

08-31-2009, 03:12 PM
I dont care who builds what but RIPINIT good luck with who you choose. I like Snyder hes are Sponsor and to each there own. This is just my opinion which means nothing. Please dont take in any other way. Billy Holt builds one mean motor, Snyder Motorsports does awsome,Hetrick does alright,Maximum rpm does great, Tommy Alley builds 50 and 70s awsome,Lakes Motorsports does good,Dave at Stroke It Imports builds a mean big bore,Chris Grissom has and always will build an awsome motor, Jeff in Martinsville builds on mean motor, Terry Mcconnels motor builder does an awsome job,Ron Kersey Has and ALWAYS will build One Mean Motor. Trackside I have no clue??? I know there is more but heres what my opinion is but dont take it the wrong way.

airmobile101
08-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by LT80
Yes it does!!!
It's the FMF pipe and the TCS shocks that are making the DVX value go down. :devil: :devil:
LMAO!!!!!!!!! I know, I know, Iknow !!!!!
I do have a Tom Carlson built topend, so that should make my bike half arse national level:D :D :D :devil: :devil: :devil:

LT80
08-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
I'm over it but I'm only going to reply 5 more times on this stupid subject.

BAHAHAHAHA. :D :D

Sorry Toby..I just had to.:devil:

Crazy? These "who's best" threads allways are.
There is no perfect answer........cept for mine. j/k :)

08-31-2009, 06:41 PM
I know Jack lol. That was funny.

mini racer #39
08-31-2009, 06:52 PM
Thank you guys for the hours of entertainment. This was fun to read and somewhere in it i hope RIPINIT found his answer----->(Billy Holt...WRH Racing)...lol
Jerry

snowfighter
08-31-2009, 09:34 PM
umm kevin at neveready builds a good motor too.
but as stated earlier with the 2fast and molassi kit the ball game is changing. and nobody is taking a stock cylinder to those levels
(please dont eat me)!!!!!! i lub joo dooods:>)

lon
09-01-2009, 05:55 AM
I just saw the Haverts mini quad at a race this last weekend, and I have to say, its the fastest cvt I've ever seen. I don't know who built their motor but WOW.

mini racer #39
09-01-2009, 07:54 AM
Thanks......Not sure who this is but again Thanks...WRH Racing Billy Holt...If you interested let me know. I have him Name, number and rank....lol

Logan #34's Dad
09-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I told you that the #39 90cc quad was no joke. Now only if Erik could only get Jerry to leave it alone once he gets it right. Lol. We are all the same - I can make it a little better -

TTracer#22
09-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey Sparky D,
That Chris Grissom Motor you watched run was 108cc it only cost me $50.00 to prove that one i got $150.00 back after he was found to me CHEATING. He didn't think it was righbt for a 6 yr old kid on a stock Cobra to be beating his 11 yr old on a 90cc motor so he brought out the Big one. :-)

Funny how things work out.

Oh ya I have Two built by Billy Two built by Tommy and 4 built by Rich and in one way or the other I like them all and so does Brock LOL

raidernut
09-01-2009, 08:31 PM
In 2006 Buddy won his first National Championship in the 50cc class on a Hetrick built motor. In 2007 he won 2 National Titles on a Billy Holt motor. In 2008 he won 2 more National Titles in the 70cc class on Hetrick built motors. In 2009, he is attempting to win his 6th National title with Tommy Alley built motors. So we have been with the best of the best. In my opinion you cant go wrong with any of the builders mentioned in this thread. It is 70% rider, 20% builder, and 10% pure luck. Find someone your comfortable with, and is available for when you need him, and just go have fun!!

dazed&confused
09-02-2009, 05:50 AM
Raidernut, you are 100% correct ! jmo.

i have been though alot of engine builders,and i finally picked one that was close to me(within a few 100 miles lol). i like to talk face to face when it comes to technical work. i am very happy with were we are at with our motors and the over all quad ,to me communication is the key .

Sparky D
09-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Hey Bubba,

I thought that that might have been the case. We talked after the races and I asked him if it was 90cc, he said it was but I wasnt 100% convinced.

Being that his kid was 30lbs heavier then Trent and beating him off the line like that I figured something was up.

Sparky.

TTracer#22
09-03-2009, 05:55 AM
I myself got sick of wondering how those bikes were so much faster than ours so I showed up to the first race with a pocket full of cash and protested the 5 other riders in the class I thought we should start the season right. Out of the 5 all were atleast 100cc or bigger needless to say those 5 dads didn't like me much for the rest of the year. ;-)

dblacks
09-03-2009, 07:48 AM
The thing to remember when a bike is found illegal.

the Kid didnt put the wrong motor in. dont blame him/her

the motor builders can't be blamed for it all the time as Most Reputable motor builders usually don't want their name to get dragged thru the mud and end up losing business. They usually build a motor to what is asked.

It usally is a dad trying to win races for his kid.

as mentioned before, nothing worst then parents talking about someone being illegal and causing rumors to get started. If you think someone is illegal then put up the $ and have them teched, otherwise it shouldnt even be talked about. If it isn't teched then it is legal.

TTracer#22
09-03-2009, 08:23 AM
Thats exactly what I did was put up $200 a bike just to clear the air. In my comments I was letting Spark D know that wasn't the motor that this Father was telling him it was. He was trying to sell this bike telling the people at the track that it was a Chris Grissom Built 90 when it was actually a 48mm Stroke 54 MM Bore.

I was in no way talking about the Motor Builder!

dblacks
09-03-2009, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by TTracer#22
Thats exactly what I did was put up $200 a bike just to clear the air. In my comments I was letting Spark D know that wasn't the motor that this Father was telling him it was. He was trying to sell this bike telling the people at the track that it was a Chris Grissom Built 90 when it was actually a 48mm Stroke 54 MM Bore.

I was in no way talking about the Motor Builder!

Post was not directed to you at all. It was in general.

instead of talking about it you put the $ up, nothing wrong with that

marsrace2
09-03-2009, 10:08 AM
I know what its like to be on the other side of that, people are complaining and saying that our stuff must be illegal. I tell them all the time to put up the money and I will take it apart. They would rather complain they are getting beat by something illegal than find out for sure that it is legal.

edwardsp&b
09-04-2009, 06:50 AM
thats pretty funny!!!! im sure you werent liked the rest of the year, but who cares. if they were cheating thats what they get. what kind of morales and values did that show to their children. i wish i could have been there just to see there cheating faces and LMAO!
bryan

Coley'sdad#8
09-04-2009, 08:06 AM
tHERE IS ONE ISSUE THAT ALL OF YOU HAVE OVERLOOKED.
SUSPENSION AND HANDLING OF THE BIKE, IF THE KID FEELS A TRAINWRECK EVERYTIME HE/SHE GOES OVER A JUMP, HAS BUMPSTEER JERK THE BARS OUT OF THEIR 6-10 YEAR OLD HANDS MAKING THEM BOLT TO THE SIDE AND BE EJECTED TO THE DIRTBATH BELOW THEN THEY CANT POSSIBLY BE USING THE STOCK POWER TO THE FULL POTENTIAL. SPEND YOUR MONEY FIRST ON GOOD QUALITY DC LONG TRAVEL, GOOD SHOCKS OF YOUR CHOICE , STEERING STABILIZER, GOOD AXLE & WHEELS AND GREAT SAFETY EQUIPMENT SO IF THEY DO TAKE A LITTLE SPILL THEYRE NOT GONNA GET ALL BANGED UP AND SCARED OF IT. LEARN HOW TO ADJUST YOUR SUSPENSION AND ASK YOUR KID QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW IT COULD BE BETTER, YOU WILL BE SUPRISED ABOUT WHAT THEY CAN TELL YOU!!!!!!!!!
WE HAVE THE FIRST 09 THAT DC BUILT LT FOR, MATED IT WITH ELKA'S, LET COLEY GET REAL COMFORTABLE WITH THE BIKE BEFORE WE EVER DID ANYTHING BUT WE ARE STILL RUNNING JUST A MILD DEPENDABLE, WELL CLUTCHED , GEARED MOTOR.
this is just my opinion this does not necessarily reflect the opinions of ACB news or any of its affiliates:D

skyeryder
09-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by lon
I just saw the Haverts mini quad at a race this last weekend, and I have to say, its the fastest cvt I've ever seen. I don't know who built their motor but WOW.

I'll second, third, and fourth that, but then again most all those boys and girls were moving... Congrats to all of them, can't wait til mine gets to that level

dericsdad
09-26-2009, 05:47 PM
WOW!!!!

So we have been thinking of going to a couple nationals, but just couldn't afford it this year.

I'm glad we didn't if what i'm reading is right!

For those of you running the 90cc cvt class at the national level, do we really need to spend the huge money on a malossi or 2-fast kit to even think of finishing in the top 10???:confused:

Logan #34's Dad
09-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Derec's dad, top 10- no, top 5- oh yeah. Most of the best 70 riders from 09 will be running the 90 class in '10 and most of them ran faster lap times than the 90's on their 70.
If your going for the experience and not to win, you'll have more fun. Jmo