PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to sell my truck but not sure what to ask.

300ex_#387
08-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Well its on 01 2500HD with a 6.0 motor. It has a BDS 6" lift, 35" BFG all terrains and 16" amercan racing wheels. It has true duels with cats and glasspacks. The body is in good shape (no rust...few dents) It is pretty clean and in great shape. 135,000 miles. Leather interior with heated seats. Power seat, locks and windows. Spray on bedliner. Just wondering what a good asking price would be. I know it would sell better in some places but just looking for an idea really.

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 05:48 PM
well i can tell you that your not going to get much of anything extra because your truck is lifted. aftermarket parts really dont increase values. they just there

Kelly blue book is sayin 8500 for your truck in fair condition. id start my asking price out to be 9500 and id let somebody jew me down. i always make my asking price a little higher then what i intend to get anyways thats just me. but bottom dollar i wouldnt drop below BB value

300ex_#387
08-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by TCracin440ex
well i can tell you that your not going to get much of anything extra because your truck is lifted. aftermarket parts really dont increase values. they just there

Kelly blue book is sayin 8500 for your truck in fair condition. id start my asking price out to be 9500 and id let somebody jew me down. i always make my asking price a little higher then what i intend to get anyways thats just me. but bottom dollar i wouldnt drop below BB value

I had an offer for 12,000 that I will prolly take.

hondariderdylan
08-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by 300ex_#387
I had an offer for 12,000 that I will prolly take.

take it.;)

400ex28
08-10-2009, 06:42 PM
how come you're sellin her

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by 400ex28
how come you're sellin her

x2. its def a nice truck and still got alot of life left in it.

gcart2
08-10-2009, 07:26 PM
i was gonna give you 10k but miles kill you. someone offered you twelve?? take it and run:p

fastredrider44
08-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by gcart2
i was gonna give you 10k but miles kill you. someone offered you twelve?? take it and run:p

12K? I wouldn't have let that guy out of my sight. I don't think it would bring over 8 around here.

300ex_#387
08-10-2009, 09:59 PM
I've actually had quite a few offer over 10k. I guess it depends on location. I'm selling it because I want to get a duramax. I could have the same truck with a better motor getting better gas milage. So I think I will go that route. Ofcourse it will be bigger and better than this one haha.

400ex28
08-10-2009, 10:03 PM
I've actually had quite a few offer over 10k. I guess it depends on location. I'm selling it because I want to get a duramax. I could have the same truck with a better motor getting better gas milage. So I think I will go that route. Ofcourse it will be bigger and better than this one haha.

i figured you were wanting a dmax haha.

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 10:11 PM

your going to pay 2x the price for it too bro...but im in the sameeee boat...i want a duramax so bad. idc if it just had a 36 or 37 inch tire on it...my truck is absolutely horrible on gas. im drivin the 5.3 with 6 inch suspension, 3 inch body, 37x13.50x16.5 baja klaws on 16.5x12 weld wheels with 4:10 gears its a gas pig

i want duramax because their suspension parts are heavier, the allison tranny is rather tough, they look and sound sick, they sound sick with exhausts. with a good programmer you can get 20mpg out of the duramax and still have plenty of torque and power to do what ever you want. my step dad has an 03 that is beast. its all stock with the exception of an edge attitude with juice outlook monitor. and it flat out rips for whats done to it

300ex_#387
08-10-2009, 10:17 PM
your going to pay 2x the price for it too bro...but im in the sameeee boat...i want a duramax so bad. idc if it just had a 36 or 37 inch tire on it...my truck is absolutely horrible on gas. im drivin the 5.3 with 6 inch suspension, 3 inch body, 37x13.50x16.5 baja klaws on 16.5x12 weld wheels with 4:10 gears its a gas pig

i want duramax because their suspension parts are heavier, the allison tranny is rather tough, they look and sound sick, they sound sick with exhausts. with a good programmer you can get 20mpg out of the duramax and still have plenty of torque and power to do what ever you want. my step dad has an 03 that is beast. its all stock with the exception of an edge attitude with juice outlook monitor. and it flat out rips for whats done to it

Yeah I know I will be paying more, but I want one haha. I have my mind set on getting an 03-06 quad cab. I will prolly buy one already lifted. I'm still looking though. I have actually came across some decent deals on some stock ones.

I'm getting around 10 MPG with this truck and it really doesnt have all that much power. I could only imagine how much power your 37's are robbing from your 5.3

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah I know I will be paying more, but I want one haha. I have my mind set on getting an 03-06 quad cab. I will prolly buy one already lifted. I'm still looking though. I have actually came across some decent deals on some stock ones.

I'm getting around 10 MPG with this truck and it really doesnt have all that much power. I could only imagine how much power your 37's are robbing from your 5.3

well its not that bad on the highway. i used to have 4.56 in my truck but i tore em out and put 4.10s back in it

if you are just looking for some good gas mileage the easiest way would be to tune your truck bro and regear regear regear.

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 10:22 PM
here is my rig

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/002-4.jpg

bens250ex
08-10-2009, 10:56 PM

the allison is not that tuff, stock form they might be ok but once you tune ANY diesel with a auto it turns into a ticking time bomb. and for cryin out loud chevy still uses IFS on a HD truck. Fun to watch them General motors at the truck pulls....... wobble wobble wobble BAM!!!!:D

m0t0xk1d
08-10-2009, 10:56 PM
my dads dodge ram 2500 with a HEMI get 11 miles to the gallon on the highway and pulling our trailer down the highway we got 6. its an 03. talk about gas guzzler

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by bens250ex
the allison is not that tuff, stock form they might be ok but once you tune ANY diesel with a auto it turns into a ticking time bomb. and for cryin out loud chevy still uses IFS on a HD truck. Fun to watch them General motors at the truck pulls....... wobble wobble wobble BAM!!!!:D

um sure is mighty funny i was just at a truck pull over the weekend and my buddy with his duramax and another duramax both drug the sled the furthest in the 450hp and up class

chevy puts ifs on the hd trucks because of handling...thats all...ill take a duramax and out drive and out handle a ford or dodge anyday. far as teh allison. the allison can hold 800 stock before it grenades. dont ask me how i know my buddy has stacked chips, and just bout any goodie you could ask for on his duramax and he had to spend 10k on getting an aftermarket tranny for his truck

why do you post your usless garbage on here honestly tho?

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 11:05 PM
oh and i agree it is stupid for GM to put ifs on their 2500 and 3500 trucks. if i was an engineer for gm id leave the 1500's with ifs and put the HD trucks with SFA. but im not at all so the only thing us ppl with GM trucks can do is just do a SAS on the trucks.

j_cyrus3
08-10-2009, 11:12 PM
the allison can hold 800 stock before it grenades.

... Right.... Sorry to burst your bubble, but once you put 100hp to the rear wheels with an Allison, you're just asking to put it into limp mode. 5R100 is where it's at, just ask those 6.4 guys.

extremeblastr
08-11-2009, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
... Right.... Sorry to burst your bubble, but once you put 100hp to the rear wheels with an Allison, you're just asking to put it into limp mode. 5R100 is where it's at, just ask those 6.4 guys.

haha don't mind him his posts only sounds like he's a chevy lover because he's mumbling around something, what it is i'm not at liberty to disclose at this time but im sure you can figure it out.

300ex_#387
08-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
haha don't mind him his posts only sounds like he's a chevy lover because he's mumbling around something, what it is i'm not at liberty to disclose at this time but im sure you can figure it out.

Have you ever realized how many little arguments you get into on the internet? It seems like every other thread your into it with someone.

extremeblastr
08-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Have you ever realized how many little arguments you get into on the internet? It seems like every other thread your into it with someone.

there is a difference between an arguement and me enjoying being an ahole because i'd rather not do it to people in real life;) andddd usually its to someone who is to blinded by what they think is perfect to have an open mind and accept someone elses ideas as a possibility.

300ex_#387
08-11-2009, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
there is a difference between an arguement and me enjoying being an ahole because i'd rather not do it to people in real life;) andddd usually its to someone who is to blinded by what they think is perfect to have an open mind and accept someone elses ideas as a possibility.

Ic..Well keep doing what you think is right I suppose.

blacknblue#2
08-11-2009, 07:49 AM
um sure is mighty funny i was just at a truck pull over the weekend and my buddy with his duramax and another duramax both drug the sled the furthest in the 450hp and up class

chevy puts ifs on the hd trucks because of handling...thats all...ill take a duramax and out drive and out handle a ford or dodge anyday. far as teh allison. the allison can hold 800 stock before it grenades. dont ask me how i know my buddy has stacked chips, and just bout any goodie you could ask for on his duramax and he had to spend 10k on getting an aftermarket tranny for his truck

why do you post your usless garbage on here honestly tho?

I believe i know a thing or 2 about pulling a duramax. And your not gonna handle 800 horse with a stock tranny, Mine was shot after about 450 horse. Now being up around 840 we have been through 3 ats trannys (IMO the best around) and your buddy with stacked "chips" is not getting 800 horse by just stacking. First of all you dont stack "chips" you stack a programmer on top of a box. for example when i started i was running a quadzilla programmer on top of an edge box and was running about 470 horse. Now 3 trannys later, with Ported heads, crowler rods, dual CP3s PPE tuning and an Aurora5000 turbo your lookin at when i got in the picture. Around about 840 horse.....and oh yeah if your buddy does much pullin he better do something about his front end. it looks real nice watching them come down the track with the front wheels all out of wack like this \-----/ right before they break something. If it wasnt for the duramax being so easy to get power out of you wouldnt see me running a chevy truck...

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/Lynchburgpull008.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/Lynchburgpull012.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/Eaton034.jpg

extremeblastr
08-11-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
[B]I believe i know a thing or 2 about pulling a duramax. And your not gonna handle 800 horse with a stock tranny, Mine was shot after about 450 horse. Now being up around 840 we have been through 3 ats trannys (IMO the best around) and your buddy with stacked "chips" is not getting 800 horse by just stacking. First of all you dont stack "chips" you stack a programmer on top of a box. for example when i started i was running a quadzilla programmer on top of an edge box and was running about 470 horse. Now 3 trannys later, with Ported heads, crowler rods, dual CP3s PPE tuning and an Aurora5000 turbo your lookin at when i got in the picture. Around about 840 horse.....and oh yeah if your buddy does much pullin he better do something about his front end. it looks real nice watching them come down the track with the front wheels all out of wack like this \-----/ right before they break something. If it wasnt for the duramax being so easy to get power out of you wouldnt see me running a chevy truck...

finally some honesty in a chevy thread, it truely is a miracle.

TCracin440ex
08-11-2009, 09:16 AM
well thats what he told me he as pushing maybe hes full of shyt. but i know his truck is pretty quick

my other buddy has a duramax with a 6 speed manuel and he said hes got 650 on the ground. hes got a PPE hot +2 tuner, liftpump, cold air intake, 4 inch piping from the turbo back, and i think hes got bigger injectors that he aint tellin nobody about but is truck is pretty quick here is a pic of the truck
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z254/OneBaddAssZ71/102_1966.jpg

TCracin440ex
08-11-2009, 09:21 AM
oh and blacknblue thats a nice truck man? what year im guessing 03 LB7

pro-rider46
08-11-2009, 10:56 AM
what up with the funky looking exhaust black and blue.

TCracin440ex
08-11-2009, 01:00 PM
its just a stack so when the truck is infront of a sled it will blow the black smoke up and over the sled and the sled operator.

JForestZ34
08-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by blacknblue#2
I believe i know a thing or 2 about pulling a duramax. And your not gonna handle 800 horse with a stock tranny, Mine was shot after about 450 horse. Now being up around 840 we have been through 3 ats trannys (IMO the best around) and your buddy with stacked "chips" is not getting 800 horse by just stacking. First of all you dont stack "chips" you stack a programmer on top of a box. for example when i started i was running a quadzilla programmer on top of an edge box and was running about 470 horse. Now 3 trannys later, with Ported heads, crowler rods, dual CP3s PPE tuning and an Aurora5000 turbo your lookin at when i got in the picture. Around about 840 horse.....and oh yeah if your buddy does much pullin he better do something about his front end. it looks real nice watching them come down the track with the front wheels all out of wack like this \-----/ right before they break something. If it wasnt for the duramax being so easy to get power out of you wouldnt see me running a chevy truck...

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/Lynchburgpull008.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/Lynchburgpull012.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t207/aerospac/Eaton034.jpg

That's what I like to see a Ford hauling a chevy.. :D

Nice trucks you got there...

James

8my_Cash
08-11-2009, 01:46 PM
black and blue, both your trucks are beautiful

and back to IFS....... I HATE IT on my f150 cant even imagine liking it on a dmax

trucks are not made to handle period....and IFS helps just a little and is a ***** when you talk about reliability with some power put towards it

j_cyrus3
08-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh, hello.

EDIT: I am not hating on Chevy in any way, I am just showing you what 4x4 launch will do to a stock front end.

Dave400ex
08-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by j_cyrus3
Oh, hello.

EDIT: I am not hating on Chevy in any way, I am just showing you what 4x4 launch will do to a stock front end.

Oh now come on Jake, you wanted a D-Max! :D

Tie rod sleeves or heavy duty tie rods such as Cognito are the way to go. Actually just having the whole front end Cognito would be best!
As for the Allison it is no secret that after around 100hp over stock you might start having problems. If you have the 06-up 6spd you can get a Transgo Jr. which they "say" could be good for another 100hp.

Blacknblue has it all right. I think I would rather have a Suncoast tranny but goodness the guys on the Dmax forums argue about Suncoast vs. ATS like people on here do Honda vs. Yamaha. lol

buck440
08-11-2009, 07:39 PM
hay josh my friend is pretty interested in buying pm me around a price around what you want and i'll let him know...could even test drive this weekend if alright with you.

blacknblue#2
08-11-2009, 09:26 PM
thanks for the compliments guys. Yes TC its an 03 LB7. it dont get pulled so much anymore. Bad economy and toddlers running around put a stop to stuff. The funky exhaust was used to indoor pulls. It hooked to a tube that ran outside. Kinda sucked cause i like watching that smoke but i understand 50 smoking trucks in an arena and your gonna have a few lightheaded ppl lol