PDA

View Full Version : Sunburn prevention & relief

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
well idk of you ever have this problem. but i do. it seems to me like i can go outside in my yard and run arround all day w/o a shirt on mowing grass, washing my truck etc and never get sun burn.

But anytime i go out on the lake on our boat i get burnt up. i even used SPF 50 yesterday and i still look like a red lobster. i been rubbing aloe on it trying to take the burn out. its working fairly well

I want to know of any other remedies to sunburn other then aloe and luke warm showers

i also want to know what you guys use for screen or block when out in the sun all day long. i need something that is water proof & wont have to be re-applied 500 in a few hours.

Colby@C&DRacing
08-10-2009, 03:54 PM
the wife got burnt pretty bad a couple of weeks ago we used burnzone on it and as cold as you can tolorate showers. we have also used dermoplast spray (I think that is the name of it) and solarcaine spray.
(burnzone is a medzone product) aka the makers of chafezone.

Sunburn no fun :ermm:

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
Sunburn no fun :ermm:

yea i know. id really hate to get sun poisioning. i love goin to the lake but i know if i get sun poisioning i wont be able to go out for a while.

im wondering if this stuff right here is any good its spf 70+
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/images/fs/large/4110000239.jpg

honda400ex2003
08-10-2009, 04:43 PM
I have used the 50 of that with a slight red after mowing for a day. i use aloe if i get some sun burn cause it helps to cool the area. good luck, sunburn sucks steve

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
so your saying its a pretty good product? i like to tan not burn lol!!

RidinRed420
08-10-2009, 05:52 PM
You will always burn worse on the water because it reflects the sun.

The best way to apply sunblock is to apply 30mins before exposure to the sun and then 30 minutes after. Then reapply every couple hours.

Make sure it is waterproof and you still have to reapply.

The spray on sunblock I have heard works really well.

Relief:
Aloe (if you put it in the fridge it feels really good)
Aloe with lidocaine is nice too
Coconut oil

Ive also heard cold plain yogurt is good to put on too, but Ive never tried it.

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 07:13 PM
yea i been using aloe gel. its helping soothe the burn.

yea i know i always burn worse on the lake, but it doesnt help the fact that our boat has a white floorboard, white seats, white everything in the inside of the boat...so that reflects light that much more..

exrider12
08-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Dont waste your money on any sunscreen over 30spf. Its been proven after 30 spf it doesnt protect your skin anymore. So dont bother getting spf 70.

Glamis400ex
08-10-2009, 08:56 PM
The reason you get so burned on the water is your getting a double dose. The direct rays and the reflected rays off the water. The water acts as a magnifier. Just use a good UVA/UVB over 30 and apply every 2 hours.

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 09:09 PM
so a good 30 should cut it? i dont understand i figured 70 would be stronger? or is it the opposite way arround?

ridered11
08-10-2009, 09:38 PM
You're not going to believe me but getting in a hot tub will make the sunburn pain go away in a jiff. Its hard to get in at first but after that, it's golden.

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 09:52 PM
yea well my hot tubs heat pump is gone, plus we drain it in the summer. we do not use it in the summer at all. we use the hell out of it in the winter time tho

JForestZ34
08-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
You're not going to believe me but getting in a hot tub will make the sunburn pain go away in a jiff. Its hard to get in at first but after that, it's golden.

I've heard that too.. My girl gets sunburn all the time and all she does in get in a really hot shower and the pain is gone when she comes out.. I could never do that because I don't think I could take it..

James

TCracin440ex
08-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by JForestZ34
I've heard that too.. My girl gets sunburn all the time and all she does in get in a really hot shower and the pain is gone when she comes out.. I could never do that because I don't think I could take it..

James

me either but women can endure all kinda pain men cant. from the whole birth giving process on down the line to bikini waxing and so on

m0t0xk1d
08-10-2009, 10:51 PM
im from maine so i get Tan but not liek you people down south but anyways when i went to florida this year i got a bad sunburn and my girlsfriends mom got sunburn REMOVER. yes remover and it felt a hell of alot better but after like 2 day off using it you were tan like when the sun burn fades and you get tan. it was in a white bottle with lime green lettering

honduh440
08-10-2009, 11:06 PM
vodka will take that pain right out

JForestZ34
08-11-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by honduh440

X2 LOL

James

8my_Cash
08-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by honduh440

x3

....or just stab your thigh with a knife, you only feel what hurts the most :)

250x_kyle
08-11-2009, 11:31 PM
alo and sleeping in a room with ac normaly does it for me and im good in the am even to people slapping my back.

flammable
08-12-2009, 01:55 AM
lol ive got a 2nd degree sunburn before, i got all blisters all over my back and it was all waxy, but the dumb ***** i am, as it started to itch worse than poison oak on crack, not realizing i had blisters all over me i lay with my back on my rug and start slidding, eventually popping all the blisters(very bad idea) well this lasted for 2 days then i went to the er, all they did was pump me full of pain meds, kinda wierd laying face down in a hospital bed lol, all because i got paid 8 bucks an hour to move a pile of bark mulch,

as for a remedy lol if u get 2nd degree sunburn dnt pop the blisters it puts u in a world of hurt u dnt want or need:ermm:

flammable
08-12-2009, 02:05 AM
this isnt a pic of me, but this isnt wat u want, it was all over my back they were a lil bigger and yellower(if thats a word)