PDA

View Full Version : powdercoating side case question

dehner47
08-10-2009, 08:00 AM
when powdercoating side cases such as clutch covers,stator covers,water pump covers, ect do the insides of the cases get coated also or is the powder to thick and mess up clearences for moving parts??

just wondering if i need to tape all the insides off or not. any input would be awesome.

Pappy
08-10-2009, 08:04 AM
No, the insides do not get coated on cases, on some covers the inside can be coated but not the cases.

dehner47
08-10-2009, 09:48 AM
in your opinion pappy, should i do the insides of clutch cover, stator cover, valve cover and water pump cover for a yz426 and clutch and valve cover for a 450r? just wanted to get it right so things dont get messed up. thanks for the advice..

Pappy
08-10-2009, 10:07 AM
I usually coat the inside of the clutch covers, valve covers as well, but dont do the water pump cover or stator cover.

The valve covers, certain years are molycoated inside, so we tape those off prior to prep work....if they arent coated then we coat them as the oil will shed off the cover faster then if left uncoated. Just becarefull to not build to much podwer on the edge so the seals will seat properly and make sure to plug the baffle bungs

dehner47
08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
thanks pappy. just wanted to make sure i get stuff done right so theres no issues. thanks for the help.

and i'll be sending a oil cover your way also to do candy red. i wrote a thread about it in the bk section like you request. :D

Pappy
08-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Not a problem.