PDA

View Full Version : spark plugs shee

greenskin77
08-09-2009, 11:35 PM
hey guys just curious would spark plugs make any differnce in the shee. i mean i been running chevy 350 plugs in mine forever they fit rite in i mean what the worse can happen and would the reguler bike plugs be better for it

loboboy
08-12-2009, 08:01 PM
auto plugs in a 2 stroke???? your kidding right???

that would be like using diesel fuel in a gas motor just doesnt work IMO

08-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Pics or stfu. Take pictures of a B8ES, next to these "chevy 350" plugs, and take a picture of them in your head on the shee.

I find it very hard to believe they are the same length, thread, size, etc.

greenskin77
08-16-2009, 10:00 PM
n o need for the attidue..
but i did not say they was the same lenght or same heat range as a atc plug..
all i was saying is they will screw into the stock head of a shee and they will get u out of the woods in case you foul out ridng and have to walk somewere through the woods and you run into a old timer who lives in middel of no were and he happens to only have car plugs it will work...

01 250exman
10-25-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't see any problem with running them as long as there not to long that they would come into contact with the piston, I run ngk spark plugs the same one's that the commercial go karts at work run :D they are free lol I have been doing this for years with no problems and my bike runs great! A spark plug is a spark plug.

loboboy
10-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 01 250exman
I don't see any problem with running them as long as there not to long that they would come into contact with the piston, I run ngk spark plugs the same one's that the commercial go karts at work run :D they are free lol I have been doing this for years with no problems and my bike runs great! A spark plug is a spark plug.

your right there is nothing wrong with it as long as it is your bike and it works for you.

But if you want the full potential out of your Banshee, as most Banshee riders do, I would highly recommend keeping a set of good NGK plugs around since that is what the manufacturer recommends. If you foul plugs in the woods that means your jetting is not set properly so you need to tune the bike as needed to keep from fouling the plug to begin with.
I change my plugs when I replace pistons which is about every 2 years.